Dublin Dog Collars

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Dublin Dog Collars

Postby starrlamia » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:45 pm

https://www.dublindog.com/Dublin-Dog-St ... hp?cPath=1

Anyone ever used these? They look awesome, one of the stores here carries them and I keep wondering if it would be worth the $$.

bullheaded
Matured Bully

Re: Dublin Dog Collars

Postby bullheaded » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:08 pm

I don't have any, but the Galway looks similar to one I have noticed in pics on janedoeismissing's boy. There are several I saw that I liked. My husband just loves it when I buy more collars for the dogs. :twisted:

janedoeismissing
Addicted to PBF

Postby janedoeismissing » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:33 pm

I have 3 :oops: I love em!! They (as it says) are water resistant, dirt resistant and have held up pretty damn good to all the pulling my guys do. I use these collars as the dogs primary collars (and I have alot of collars) They wear them to the beach, muddy fields and everywhere else.

I recommend them to anyone and everyone who has a dirty dog! :thumbsup:

Z in his:
Belle in her newest one: (matches Zeke's)

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:57 pm

What a great idea. Are they kinda rubbery?

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks for the pics! They are sooo cool but I wasnt sure if they were worth the price, I may have to grab one for gren when we go to the crick cause he gets soaked.

Spammie- They are kinda rubbery.. Hard to describe they are very sturdy feeling.

CSilverman89
Forum Junky

Postby CSilverman89 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:06 pm

We have one as well, the blue and brown stripes.
They are awesome for the beach, which is what I bought it for.
No muss no fuss of sand and water. Love 'em!

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Ok, I am bringing up a very old thread.. but they came out with new All Style, No stink collars! I finally caved and bought one for my dog after seeing how cool they were on all of Red's dogs.

You will probably have to right click to open image in a new window to see the whole thing.

It was very easy to order online and the turn around time was less than a day!

Very happy with the collar!

chelsea00133
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby chelsea00133 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:02 pm

I've never used a Dublin collar personally, but I've seen one break just a few weeks ago at work. Owner came in with the dog on leash (young male Lab) and the dog lunged at a dog he saw across the room, and the collar snapped. The material ripped and the buckle came off, leaving the collar hanging at the end of the leash, and a loose dog running around the room.

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I bought one of these for Paige, but it rubbed her naked skin, I ended up sending it home with a foster, and she had no issues with it, it was a cute little collar. I cant really say much about it holding up to a big dog, since I never used one for the big kids. I did however buy vegan collars from ellas lead for them, which are great for the water, I took June and Pig to the creek this week (its a gross creek lol ) and their collars still look awesome! I only mention that because last time i checked the dublin dog collars only came in 1 inch for lrg dogs, so if you wanted something wider its worth a look, not that brie and grendal are very big lol but yanno just in case ;)

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:52 pm

i dont trust them for hard pullers but they are great for playing in the pool or creek

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm ordering a back up collar from chelsea for when I use this collar while at the water :) Ive only ever used 2 inch buckle collars from trusted collar makers, so I am still a little uncomfortable using a 1 inch on my dog... it just looks weak. LOL But it's great for around the house, since I never really keep his 2 inch collars on when at home.

I saw those vegan collars from ella's lead - had no idea they were water resistant! Ill check them out - knowing me Ill probably want yet another collar and Ill find some reason as to why my dog needs it. lol

anyway, thanks for those reviews - good to know!

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:37 pm

chelsea00133 wrote:I've never used a Dublin collar personally, but I've seen one break just a few weeks ago at work. Owner came in with the dog on leash (young male Lab) and the dog lunged at a dog he saw across the room, and the collar snapped. The material ripped and the buckle came off, leaving the collar hanging at the end of the leash, and a loose dog running around the room.

The material the collar is made of is not bad, but it has limits and the D ring is flimsy. I have to yet find a collar for water that is built the way I would like it.I keep extra D-ring on most of my dogs' collars and harness when they are out of the home, even the ones that are made well (not the water ones). This little lady below does not need to be left loose around other dogs so when we are practicing in the water she has her Dublin collar plus extra O-ring, and when doing dock diving at events she has a 2 inches nylon collar or slip lead until she is in the water, because it is more reliable.If she is wearing just the dublin collar her water line and locking carabiner are attached to both the collar D-ring and extra o-ring:

I'd really like a better water collar and whenever I can find one I'd be very happy.

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 am

I saw some biothane collars recently. I think they even make them up to 1.5 inches wide. Maybe EliteK9, SignatureK9 or Ray Allen.

Team Peanut
Newborn Bully

Postby Team Peanut » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:27 am

red-
when we are out at events Peanut wears his ezydog collar. it has been really reliable out there. we don't really use that at home but i always use it at water events for him

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:01 am

Yeah, doesn't chelsea00133 on the forum here make custom biothane equipment?

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”