PetSmart people, where is PetZyme???

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: PetSmart people, where is PetZyme???

Postby AmberD » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:53 pm

I might try it when the stuff I have now is gone, because it's actually $8-10 cheaper than the bigger brands, and if it's so good it's got people here upset about its disappearance, it might be a really good deal!

p.s. The jugs/bottles are white now; they still have to PetZyme logo but also have the Top Paw logo.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 pm

AmberD wrote:Wanted to share PetZyme was back on the shelf yesterday at my PetSmart.

This is soooooo exciting! Hey it only took 2 years but at least it's back!

Thanks for the news!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 pm

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:43 am

Review? Does it work the same?

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Amie wrote:Review? Does it work the same?

There have not been any 'soft' accidents lately ...give it a few days for Miss Leaky Bottom

AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AmberD » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 pm

I guess they may have reformulated it, but I doubt it. PetSmart is trying to rebrand as much as possible. The Carson pet gates were cleared out and replaced with the exact same product but now with a top paw logo. Same thing with the booda dome cat boxes and many other things. I don't know why the pet zyme took soooo long though.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Just a little note. I've never been so frustrated. I wish PetsMart did a better job of marketing stuff or letting its customers know about the changes.

BUT
I've been using the 'new' product (#3) and it works. I don't like she smell as much but it's not overpowering.
But it works :)

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:15 pm

you can make a better produect yourself and a lot cheaper, just mix water/hydrogen peroxide (50/50)in a spray bottle. wipe up wet spots. pick up solid waste . spray with the 50/50 mix, wait a few min utes then blot up with white towel or white paper towels.it works great wiht blood too. you can repeat this for heavily stained areas, let it air dry and the smell and stains disappear by the time it is dry. costs about a dollar to make a large bottle, no perfume odors, no harmful chemicals adn so far has not hared anyh carpets or clothes I have used it on, test a spot first if your in doubt though.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:01 pm

I had a friend share the same recipe but I'm cautious. Does it not lighten colors in fabrics and carpets?

& how long does the solution stay 'active' before the peroxide is not active?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:05 pm

PitBull-Lady wrote:I had a friend share the same recipe but I'm cautious. Does it not lighten colors in fabrics and carpets?

& how long does the solution stay 'active' before the peroxide is not active?

it has not faded anythign I hsave used it on so far, if it is solmetnign like carpeting , I do a test sport twice several days apart to be on the safe side. I have been ujing it since Pearl came last Jan as a 9 week old Satfford puppy. I used it for pee spots, she did vomit a few times, had about 5 poop accidents, then she had a first heat cycle and it did an excellent job on the blood spots(there was blood on off-white fleece dog beds and thick white area rugs, took two cleanings, one day apart to get it all out but not a stain is left nor is the carpet discolored)
Since I don't use it much I make one cup at a time in the spray bottle and keep the spritzer OFF in between uses. I measure out 8 ounces of water, then 8 ounces of fresh peroxide.So far the peroxide has stayed fresh making small batches like that. If it is a stain I really want to get a jump on, I pour the ready made mixture in the toilet and make a fresh batch for the urgent spot. It does a great job whitening toilet bowls, is a disinfectant and safe for septic tanks which I do have here.
My Sister told me she saw a new cleaning product recently, think it was made by Lysol company, guess what the main ingredien ts are-peroxide and water!

PITtsburgher
Matured Bully

Postby PITtsburgher » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:01 pm

For the peroxide mix, it will last longer if you keep it in a light-proof spray bottle!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:11 pm

PITtsburgher wrote:For the peroxide mix, it will last longer if you keep it in a light-proof spray bottle!

I use it before there is any chance of it going bad, but thank you for the tip. at least twice a week I empty the H2O/peroxide mixture from the spray bottle into the toilet bowl and clean it with that. I have very hard well water and not one spot of iron or copper stains my toilet bowl, love this simple cleaning disinfecting /mixture

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”