Private dog park?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Re: Private dog park?

Postby Kirstan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 am

I 'rent-a-park' for a $20 monthly unlimited use fee. I also am allowed to use the agility ring (fully stocked) and it's included in this fee. The park is privately owner pasture, fenced with 4" x 4" hogwire, 4ft. high, creek running through and about 1.5 acres - it's ALL HILLS. Big hills. Not little tiny hills or medium hills. BIG HILLS. Keeps my butt from getting too fat and keeps Coal and Audry fantastically conditioned. i can stand in the gully with the chuckit and throw the ball from top of hill to top of hill w/o moving. I do this for about 10 minutes then roam around with them on the hills. They are far more fit than I. ;)

star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby star_frances » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 am

Kirstan wrote:I 'rent-a-park' for a $20 monthly unlimited use fee. I also am allowed to use the agility ring (fully stocked) and it's included in this fee. The park is privately owner pasture, fenced with 4" x 4" hogwire, 4ft. high, creek running through and about 1.5 acres - it's ALL HILLS. Big hills. Not little tiny hills or medium hills. BIG HILLS. Keeps my butt from getting too fat and keeps Coal and Audry fantastically conditioned. i can stand in the gully with the chuckit and throw the ball from top of hill to top of hill w/o moving. I do this for about 10 minutes then roam around with them on the hills. They are far more fit than I. ;)

I am so soo soooooo jealous of this. How nice for you and your dogs!! :thumbsup:

We live on 10 acres currently, but it's not our property and we can't put up a fence. So the dogs are always leashed with us or supervised on their zip lines. It's better than nothing - at least we have a big yard - but I would so love to be able to let them RUN.

Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador

Postby Chasesmom » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

I would pay for a place like this in a heartbeat!!! We are always having issues on finding somewhere to bring Chase to let him run around off-leash..like REALLY run, ya know?! The dog beaches/dog parks aren't an option so it really sucks sometimes.
Sometimes we take him to the baseball fields down the street but there are usually games there and the parents don't want dogs running around on the fields because the kids play there and if the dog pees there is no way to clean that up.

Seriously EXCELLENT idea.

Maybe having like a 4 or 5 kennel boarding facility would be cool along with it but I think anymore then that and you are going to start losing valuable time that outsiders can use for the little, exclusive park area. That's already approx 5 hours taken out of the day to exercise those dogs boarded separately(if you give them 2 half hour sessions per day).

Just something to keep in mind.

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks Kristan! This is something that I'd like to think about for the long term. Charging folks for a variety of dog activities could help finance us having some land and eventually a 40x200 foot building for flyball.

Good thinking Chasesmom!

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm

FransterDoo wrote:Thanks Kristan! This is something that I'd like to think about for the long term. Charging folks for a variety of dog activities could help finance us having some land and eventually a 40x200 foot building for flyball.

Good thinking Chasesmom!

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 pm

I'd pay for a place like that to take my dogs.

gixxerific
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby gixxerific » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm looking out my back window at a huge cow pasture, I need to talk to the farmer. ;)

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Kirstan wrote:I 'rent-a-park' for a $20 monthly unlimited use fee.

And we're taking the Pinkerton and your double trouble up there when? :twisted:

louie
Adolescent Bully

Postby louie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 pm

BabyReba wrote:They have a place here called Doglando that'll rent out its fenced-in yard for group play dates and such ... it's only available limited hours, but it's a great idea.

I just looked this place up and it sounds amazing!

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 am

of course. as long as it was relatively convenient, so i could fit it in once or twice a week (or more) for easy reliable off-leash exercising or training without a long-line or soccer balls being kicked nearby.... otherwise i'd probably just go hiking.
but if it was a reasonably convenient drive and had fun equipment to play around with or train with, that would be pretty amazing.

cashisking
Bully Ambassador

Postby cashisking » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:00 am

I would be all for something like this.
Especially in the winter- when it's yucky outside!

louie
Adolescent Bully

Postby louie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 pm

cashisking wrote:I would be all for something like this.
Especially in the winter- when it's yucky outside!

Give me a yucky California winter over a New England winter anytime!

mutty
Adolescent Bully

Postby mutty » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:54 am

Kirstan wrote:I 'rent-a-park' for a $20 monthly unlimited use fee. I also am allowed to use the agility ring (fully stocked) and it's included in this fee. The park is privately owner pasture, fenced with 4" x 4" hogwire, 4ft. high, creek running through and about 1.5 acres - it's ALL HILLS. Big hills. Not little tiny hills or medium hills. BIG HILLS. Keeps my butt from getting too fat and keeps Coal and Audry fantastically conditioned. i can stand in the gully with the chuckit and throw the ball from top of hill to top of hill w/o moving. I do this for about 10 minutes then roam around with them on the hills. They are far more fit than I. ;)

ok where do you go for that? i'd love to do that for my dog.

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”