Pit Bull Proof Toys

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
gixxerific
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Pit Bull Proof Toys

Postby gixxerific » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:49 pm

I think we need a sticky for a collection of indestructible or Pit Bull proof toys. We all know they can't have just any toy. and finding a good toy that last can be a pain in the butt especially if you are new to the breed. My long Time fav is the Kong and that kept Maya happy as can be for hours but after getting Lucy and finding this site I have learned of several different toys that meet those standards that I never knew of before.

Here is a small list I have gathered off this site and the net. Please feel free to add your favorite "Pit Proof" toy. Making this a sticky would be great as well helping future members find toys easily as well as just creating a database of good toys our boys and girls can deal with without costing us a fortune replacing them every week. roflmao

Kong: The original bad boy :thumbsup: :peace: :bowdown:
Tuffy Toy's
GoughNuts
Some Nylabone

These are just a few. I have also used motorcycle tires, landscaping timbers, my fence (not by choice), bricks, deer antlers, pieces of Santa's sleigh. I have heard of coconuts, bowling balls etc.

So please add to this and if you find something that didn't work for you add that as well.

Dono

P.S. No matter what you get PLEASE supervise your dogs to some extent. They can get themselves into trouble fast with out you being there for them. :hug: :kiss:

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Re: Pit Bull Proof Toys

Postby ProudMommy77 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:23 am

car tires...bulldog proof...lol
boomer balls

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:22 am

gixxerific wrote:I think we need a sticky for a collection of indestructible or Pit Bull proof toys. We all know they can't have just any toy. and finding a good toy that last can be a pain in the butt especially if you are new to the breed. My long Time fav is the Kong and that kept Maya happy as can be for hours but after getting Lucy and finding this site I have learned of several different toys that meet those standards that I never knew of before.

Here is a small list I have gathered off this site and the net. Please feel free to add your favorite "Pit Proof" toy. Making this a sticky would be great as well helping future members find toys easily as well as just creating a database of good toys our boys and girls can deal with without costing us a fortune replacing them every week. roflmao

Tuffy Toy's
GoughNuts
Some Nylabone

These are just a few. I have also used motorcycle tires, landscaping timbers, my fence (not by choice), bricks, deer antlers, pieces of Santa's sleigh. I have heard of coconuts, bowling balls etc.

So please add to this and if you find something that didn't work for you add that as well.

Dono

P.S. No matter what you get PLEASE supervise your dogs to some extent. They can get themselves into trouble fast with out you being there for them. :hug: :kiss:

It would be an honor to placed on a sticky for APBT approved chew toys. We are about safety, fun, durability and value. This forum has been a tremendous support. I just bought steel for our newest mold that will produce our newest product. I will update everyone in one month.

Thanks as always for your support. Amy

cliff
Newborn Bully

Postby cliff » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 am

Anyone used this toy?

Bonnie (not a pit bull) doesn't like rubber toys or tennis balls (much), she LOVES stuffies but she pulls out the stuffing, and loves squeakers. I'm thinking of buying that toy in the video but only if I know it holds up to tough chewers!

Margot-A-Go-Go
Newborn Bully

Postby Margot-A-Go-Go » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:39 pm

cliff wrote:Anyone used this toy?

Bonnie (not a pit bull) doesn't like rubber toys or tennis balls (much), she LOVES stuffies but she pulls out the stuffing, and loves squeakers. I'm thinking of buying that toy in the video but only if I know it holds up to tough chewers!

Nope not very durable at all Margot ripped one apart in a couple of days at 10mo.. don't bother. I would also like to know about more pitbull tough toys. Margot's toy selection seems pretty limited. The big thick rope tugs last a little while, but not more than a couple of months max, until they're torn to bits of string all over my carpet. She has the Kong, but doesn't ever seem to bother with it unless there's peanut butter inside. Even then she only licks it out until she can't reach it anymore than accepts defeat. Smart pup. I just got her the Galileo from Nylabone. She LOVES it and hasn't destroyed it so far. We'll see how long it lasts.

More suggestions please! :tongue:

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Obi (not a bully but is as destructive as one can be) has yet to find a toy he can't destroy.

The Jolly Ball I got recently is so far holding up well. His Kong Air Football as well. He tore the arms of his "Mr. General" Tuffy-Toys starfish within 24 hours.

My problem is, he wont play with a toy that's not destructable.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 pm

jolly balls are great so are planet dog toys.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 pm

GoughNuts wrote:
gixxerific wrote:I think we need a sticky for a collection of indestructible or Pit Bull proof toys. We all know they can't have just any toy. and finding a good toy that last can be a pain in the butt especially if you are new to the breed. My long Time fav is the Kong and that kept Maya happy as can be for hours but after getting Lucy and finding this site I have learned of several different toys that meet those standards that I never knew of before.

Tuffy Toy's
GoughNuts
Some Nylabone

Dono

It would be an honor to placed on a sticky for APBT approved chew toys. We are about safety, fun, durability and value. This forum has been a tremendous support. I just bought steel for our newest mold that will produce our newest product. I will update everyone in one month.

Thanks as always for your support. Amy

New product is prototyped, production tool complete and should be in production in the next week! As I hold it in my hand I feel like we developed something special. Can't wait to explain all the technology of this simple GoughNuts product.

Amy

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:51 pm

my dogs LOVE planet dog toys!

Orbees are their favorite!

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 am

haircrazie016 wrote:my dogs LOVE planet dog toys!

Orbees are their favorite!

I haven't tried them yet. They are next on my list.

Oh, and my dogs also love their Good Cuz/Bad Cuz toys.

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 am

We've had decent luck with the Jolly Balls. gavin likes to rip the handles off, but once they are off the actual ball part holds up. I don't know how he manages to rip the handles off, and the horses leave them intact. I think next time I'll just grab one of the handle-less balls.

Some of the JW pet toys also hold up, if you get their "durable" toys for chewers. http://www.jwpet.com/dog/dog.html (although I think he just gets bored with these, and lets them live.. He has his mind set on destroying the jolly ball fully).

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”