Pet Urns

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
User avatar
Red
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 9519
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 am
Location: SoCal

Pet Urns

Postby Red » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:29 am

Sorry for the sad post, but I have been looking for a resting urn for my little girl. Saw several option on line, and a few I might got with, but I wanted to see if anyone has some personal info or experience with a particular company.Thank you.

User avatar
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2437
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: www.pacocollars.com
Contact:

Re: Pet Urns

Postby pacopoe » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 am

It depends on your aesthetics, but I know someone who is making very tasteful and beautiful urns from recycled wood. I am getting one made and will PM you the info since the maker is not yet having them available to the general public.

It's a sad topic, but it's all a part of life. If there were no sad parts, then there would be no reason to enjoy the happy ones.

User avatar
Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: EU or something like that

Re: Pet Urns

Postby Madeleinemom » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 am

When I had to shop for Madeleine's urn, I looked at many options, but nothing seemed right. The closest I came was a handcrafted glass urn that was stunning and would have captured her joie de vivre, her spirit.

I decided against it, since we live in earthquake territory.

By sheer coincidence, I came across a square, wooden jewelry box at Cost Plus Imports, pink, with a pretty, elaborate painted design. The interior has a tray, where her collar, tags and charms rest as well.

When I looked at it in the store, the display with the price also showed the name of the design and it said 'Madeleine'. Almost eerie, but it suits her well, pretty and pink.

User avatar
pitsnok
Bully Lover 4 Life
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: Pet Urns

Postby pitsnok » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:18 am

I wish I had the time and resources available right now to offer to make you one myself out of copper.

If I were you I would maybe look up some local crafts people who work in wood, ceramic, metals, and see if anyone seems to fit what you are looking for.


:hug:

User avatar
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 10721
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Eastpointe, MI
Contact:

Re: Pet Urns

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:16 am

This is the company I went through when I lost my Zoee. I got a pendant with her asshes forever sealed in it.
http://www.everlifememorials.com/glass- ... -s/191.htm
I'm not sure how to link my FB to show mine...maybe this will work http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... 1686680462

This is the urn I got
http://www.everlifememorials.com/figuri ... 0-1385.htm
Very good quality.

User avatar
2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:41 pm

Re: Pet Urns

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:27 am

my aunt lost her cat and had a custom made wood urn done by this etsy seller:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/acaciacourtwoo ... eller_info

i saw it in person over the holidays and it is beautiful, it displays a photo and has a custom nameplate.

User avatar
pitmommy
Newborn Bully
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: Pet Urns

Postby pitmommy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 am

I too am looking for an urn. Kaos passed in Sept. but I still haven't found anything that I like...nothing seems to "fit" his personality.

When my cat passed, I got a handpainted cat with angel wings from here: http://www.perfectmemorials.com/pet-urns/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=peturns It's exactly what I wanted.

I'm going to check out some of these links. Thanks!

User avatar
chewbecca
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 9542
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: www.ellaslead.com
Contact:

Re: Pet Urns

Postby chewbecca » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:25 am

When Ella passed, we were so beside ourselves that we didn't know how we were going to pick something out for her ashes.

Luckily, our vet offered a nice wooden box with a brass name plate to keep her ashes in.
We still have her ashes in that for now.

Does your vet offer anything like, Val?

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

User avatar
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2622
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Pet Urns

Postby Taffys_Angel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Reading about the passing of beloved pets kills me.... More so now than maybe four years ago.

Not just because of how having a dog of your own changes your view on such things... but working in a emerg' clinic and often having to be the one directly dealing with the aftercare... can really mess with your head after a while.

I've actually already chosen Taffy's urn. As f-ed up as that may be to some people. I know that I won't be in a proper mental state when that day comes, to be able to make decisions about aftercare. So I've done it now...

This is what I want for her:
http://www.gatewaypetmem.com/products.php?product=26

Gateway is the most widely used aftercare service in Toronto, so if by chance I'm still living here when that horrible day comes, I'll already know what urn to order and how much to save up for it. So I'm not caught like so many people, having to make a choice based on money (like people who wanted their pet's ashes returned to them, but because of cost could not afford it).

But anyway... Gateway has some lovely products. It's worth a look.
http://www.gatewaypetmem.com/

User avatar
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2622
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Pet Urns

Postby Taffys_Angel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 pm

pitmommy wrote:I too am looking for an urn. Kaos passed in Sept. but I still haven't found anything that I like...nothing seems to "fit" his personality.

When my cat passed, I got a handpainted cat with angel wings from here: http://www.perfectmemorials.com/pet-urns/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=peturns It's exactly what I wanted.

I'm going to check out some of these links. Thanks!


Sorry to double post, but that website is amazing! They've got some truly beautiful urns.

User avatar
Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: EU or something like that

Re: Pet Urns

Postby Madeleinemom » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Here is a link to the glass urns I considered - the artist is in Northern California:

http://dogshelddearly.com/index.php

User avatar
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict
Posts: 1959
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Pet Urns

Postby MissKitty » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Taffys_Angel wrote:
pitmommy wrote:I too am looking for an urn. Kaos passed in Sept. but I still haven't found anything that I like...nothing seems to "fit" his personality.

When my cat passed, I got a handpainted cat with angel wings from here: http://www.perfectmemorials.com/pet-urns/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=peturns It's exactly what I wanted.

I'm going to check out some of these links. Thanks!


Sorry to double post, but that website is amazing! They've got some truly beautiful urns.


I ordered a necklace from them and my friend bought an urn (stone), both are simply beautiful.

User avatar
Red
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 9519
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Pet Urns

Postby Red » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Thank you all for the suggestions and opinions.I am going to look up a few things.

User avatar
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 10721
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Eastpointe, MI
Contact:

Re: Pet Urns

Postby FBODGRL » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:09 am

Taffys_Angel wrote:Reading about the passing of beloved pets kills me.... More so now than maybe four years ago.

Not just because of how having a dog of your own changes your view on such things... but working in a emerg' clinic and often having to be the one directly dealing with the aftercare... can really mess with your head after a while.

I've actually already chosen Taffy's urn. As f-ed up as that may be to some people. I know that I won't be in a proper mental state when that day comes, to be able to make decisions about aftercare. So I've done it now...

This is what I want for her:
http://www.gatewaypetmem.com/products.php?product=26

Gateway is the most widely used aftercare service in Toronto, so if by chance I'm still living here when that horrible day comes, I'll already know what urn to order and how much to save up for it. So I'm not caught like so many people, having to make a choice based on money (like people who wanted their pet's ashes returned to them, but because of cost could not afford it).

But anyway... Gateway has some lovely products. It's worth a look.
http://www.gatewaypetmem.com/


I had actually decided long before I lost Zoee that I was going to get a pendant like the one I got. I hadn't decided on the particular style, but years prior I saw somewhere that the ashes could be blown into glass pendants, paper weights, etc and knew I wanted one.

I have to say the hardest thing was having to open up her ashes and remove a small portion to send to the company to make the pendant!

I also made a keepsake box for her. It has her food dish, collars, favorite toys and some photos.

Oh and I also got a tattoo for her...about a week after loosing her http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... 1686680462

User avatar
MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 am
Location: Sooke, BC

Re: Pet Urns

Postby MarMar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:02 am

It really depends on your personal taste, but if you like a very different sort of urn, I love these ones, I think they're beautiful. And a good friend of mine has dealt with the company and loves them. She's already bought the one she wanted for her kitty, who's still alive.

http://www.chowtimeproductions.com/


Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests