Long Lines

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Re: Long Lines

Postby ewwies » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Received a 50 foot biothane long line and a 6 foot biothane leash from Chelsea! These are perfect for the beach. It does not hold water, very little sand sticks, and when it does a quick rinse in the water cleans it right off!

I was worried before I had received them what biothane felt like and whether or not it would be slippery when wet. Was happy to find that its very easy to grip and hold.. does not slip!

Sorry, on my phone and its hard to type!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:07 pm

The leash. Image

He just hit the end of it pretty hard. Unexpectedly. Its strong.

barefootxen
Adolescent Bully

Postby barefootxen » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 pm

That's awesome that you found something- I may try biothane!

I have a 26' tape flexi lead for xen. I know how pbf feels about flexi's, but honestly it's been a life saver.
Xen is obsessed with water and is very, very dog reactive and the flexi works well for us. It hasn't frayed or weakened in any place (I am ultra paranoid and check my stuff constantly.)

I'd def recommend it for a responsible owner with a healthy amount of common sense.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:42 pm

So it was you! I'm getting a 50 foot biothane long lead from Chelsea too. I'm soooo excited :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: !

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:36 am

Oh nice!! You will love it! Id recommend a leash too! Im going to place another order with her for a biothane safety slip, if she can make them. The one I have now is leather and I do not want to get that wet!

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Check ;) I got one specifically for lure sports, with a backup attachment. But I love it so much I use it all the time.

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Dakota looks great! CAn you show a close up of the safety attachment you got?

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:35 pm

sindorei wrote:the best long line option *I* have ever found is cotton horse longe lines-- theyre made for 1500 lb horses and theyre typically $10 at tack stores, and you can get like 30 or 50 ft too. Dog lines are typically marked way way up. Cotton is easier on the hands than nylon, is lightweight, easy to wash, and cheap. good luck!

Yep! I have about 5 just lying around. They are about 15$ here for 50 ft and 10$ for 30ft. I really like them, they dont hurt my hands and can stand up to anything. (We have several horses who love to break equipment)

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:39 pm

lilangel wrote:Dakota looks great! CAn you show a close up of the safety attachment you got?

Thanks, he was packing a few extras in that picture but has lost most of them now. That picture makes him look beefy. lol

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:46 pm

barefootxen wrote:That's awesome that you found something- I may try biothane!

I have a 26' tape flexi lead for xen. I know how pbf feels about flexi's, but honestly it's been a life saver.
Xen is obsessed with water and is very, very dog reactive and the flexi works well for us. It hasn't frayed or weakened in any place (I am ultra paranoid and check my stuff constantly.)

I'd def recommend it for a responsible owner with a healthy amount of common sense.

I would be pretty damn nervous using a flexi lead on a large dog, for fear of it breaking. I would be out of my damn mind to use it on a dog reactive dog! You may want to look into other alternatives, especially since your dog is very dog reactive. Don't you find it hard to bring your dog in closer to you when he/she is far out?

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Celesteandthebullies wrote:
lilangel wrote:Dakota looks great! CAn you show a close up of the safety attachment you got?

Thanks, he was packing a few extras in that picture but has lost most of them now. That picture makes him look beefy. lol

I really like the back up attachment!

barefootxen
Adolescent Bully

Postby barefootxen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:10 pm

ewwies wrote:

I would be pretty damn nervous using a flexi lead on a large dog, for fear of it breaking. I would be out of my damn mind to use it on a dog reactive dog! You may want to look into other alternatives, especially since your dog is very dog reactive. Don't you find it hard to bring your dog in closer to you when he/she is far out?

The flexi is the 'tape' style, and is pretty sturdy. I've never had any trouble 'reeling' her in- she's about 45 lbs, and has excellent recall even if there is a loose dog around.

I think the stigma regarding flexi's is semi-unwarranted. It's a tool just like any other. No part of the leash has weakened at all in the year I've had it. Because I do have a reactive dog, I am ever vigilant in paying attention to my surroundings even if the chance is slim that a dog is around. If something went awry, it would most likely be due to a failing on my part and not the tool I was using.

It's basically her "swimming leash" and I use her Ella's lead for regular walking around the neighborhood. It works great for that.

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 pm

barefootxen wrote:
ewwies wrote:

The flexi is the 'tape' style, and is pretty sturdy. I've never had any trouble 'reeling' her in- she's about 45 lbs, and has excellent recall even if there is a loose dog around.

I think the stigma regarding flexi's is semi-unwarranted. It's a tool just like any other. No part of the leash has weakened at all in the year I've had it. Because I do have a reactive dog, I am ever vigilant in paying attention to my surroundings even if the chance is slim that a dog is around. If something went awry, it would most likely be due to a failing on my part and not the tool I was using.

It's basically her "swimming leash" and I use her Ella's lead for regular walking around the neighborhood. It works great for that.

I recently read about there being 2 different types of flexis.. 1 using a cord and the other tape? I'm curious enough to look into it to see what the difference is. I'm more afraid of what is being using inside the handle to hold the end of the cord/tape from coming out, and if the bolt snap hardware is strong. The flexi leads ive seen have all been cord with crappy hardware.

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 pm

ewwies wrote:Received a 50 foot biothane long line and a 6 foot biothane leash from Chelsea! These are perfect for the beach. It does not hold water, very little sand sticks, and when it does a quick rinse in the water cleans it right off!

I was worried before I had received them what biothane felt like and whether or not it would be slippery when wet. Was happy to find that its very easy to grip and hold.. does not slip!

Sorry, on my phone and its hard to type!

Is that 3/4?

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 am

It's 5/8" :)

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”