Muzzle 101?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
cashisking
Bully Ambassador

Re: Muzzle 101?

Postby cashisking » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Taffys_Angel wrote:Those of you who have ordered one, where did you order it? Are there any places in North America selling this muzzle online yet or is it only in the UK?

Vin posted a link on the first page for the Belvedere muzzle- I just ordered one today- the place is in Seattle, so I think that should work for you. You can also call them and arrange something if you need- they seem very nice and willing to help.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 am

cashisking wrote:
Taffys_Angel wrote:Those of you who have ordered one, where did you order it? Are there any places in North America selling this muzzle online yet or is it only in the UK?

Vin posted a link on the first page for the Belvedere muzzle- I just ordered one today- the place is in Seattle, so I think that should work for you. You can also call them and arrange something if you need- they seem very nice and willing to help.

Yeah, I checked them out.

I also found a site called Pet Expertise. I can get it there for $23.50 including shipping to Ontario.

http://www.petexpertise.com/dog-trainin ... uzzle.html

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah, Pet Expertise had them in stock but I'm pretty sure they are sold out for now. Amazon is out as well. Seems like they are blowing off the shelves!

One thing: the measurements they give for the muzzle are for the exterior, not the interior as far as I can tell. Kinda ridiculous to give the outside dimensions. You should take that into account.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:47 am

lilangel wrote:Yeah, Pet Expertise had them in stock but I'm pretty sure they are sold out for now. Amazon is out as well. Seems like they are blowing off the shelves!

One thing: the measurements they give for the muzzle are for the exterior, not the interior as far as I can tell. Kinda ridiculous to give the outside dimensions. You should take that into account.

Yeah, the size 4 is sold out (figures). Size 3 isn't though.

Who is using exterior measurements? Pet Expertise, or the Company of Animals one?

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:54 am

I think they all do. I could be wrong, but my measurements of the interior of the muzzle don't match up with theirs.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:57 am

lilangel wrote:I think they all do. I could be wrong, but my measurements of the interior of the muzzle don't match up with theirs.

Well that's not good! I mean, how do they expect people to know what size to buy for their dogs, if they're not measuring the muzzle sizes properly! o_O

Now I'm thinking I better wait, and just get a #4. I'd rather the muzzle be bigger than it needs to be, versus too small. Besides, my dog needs it for BSL compliance, not because she's genuinely aggressive and needs to be muzzled for he safety of others.

Though... they are cheap enough I could get one of each... a 3 and a 4... and see what works best for her. I can always give away the one that doesn't work, or keep it for my next dog.

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:40 pm

The size 3 is comparable to the Jafco size 3 in my video. It will fit a 50 lb APBT but it is not really big enough to be used the way it is intended to be used.

MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby MarMar » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 am

Uh oh...I hope mine fits...I *think* I ordered a size three and Marlo is around 65 lbs...maybe I'll have one that fits by Christmas lol.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:22 am

lilangel wrote:The size 3 is comparable to the Jafco size 3 in my video. It will fit a 50 lb APBT but it is not really big enough to be used the way it is intended to be used.

Taffy's mixed. Her muzzle is more snippy and her jaw is more narrow than a pure APBT. But she still has more cheek than other dogs her size. Because her face is so atypical, I can never tell what muzzle will work for here and what won't. Thus why I was planning on getting one 3 and one 4...

I'll take photos when I get the muzzles. :P

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Taffys_Angel, Deb Black got in touch with someone locally about making custom leather ones, similar to the orlo style. I can find the link for you somewhere if you're interested?

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 pm

MarMar wrote:Uh oh...I hope mine fits...I *think* I ordered a size three and Marlo is around 65 lbs...maybe I'll have one that fits by Christmas lol.

Yeah, the 3 will be too small for Marlo I think.

MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby MarMar » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Darn. I measured him all up with the tape measure and everything. I've been waiting for this muzzle for almost six months! Ah well, I can wait a bit more.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:26 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:Taffys_Angel, Deb Black got in touch with someone locally about making custom leather ones, similar to the orlo style. I can find the link for you somewhere if you're interested?

Yeah, I know. But I'm going to try the new Baskerville muzzle first. Even after paying the shipping costs, it's half the price of those leather ones Debbie commissioned that guy to make.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Ordered a #4 today! Hopefully it arrives in the next few weeks, with no hick-ups.
Will post photos. :thumbsup:

MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby MarMar » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Wooooooooooooo I got my muzzle today and it seems I'm smarter than I look cause I actually ordered a size FOUR and it fits. Yay! Now for the desensitizing! :yipee:

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”