Costco - BULLY STICKS

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Costco - BULLY STICKS

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Went to Costco today & YES they have Bully Sticks!

12 count 12" bully sticks for $22

Since ones that are the same size have been $5 around this area, this is AWESOME!
bet I know where a bunch of you will be this weekend lol

Red
Addicted to PBF

Re: Costco - BULLY STICKS

Postby Red » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Made where?

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 am

please keep an eye out when you give these Steph, I've tried this brand and they get REALLY stringy. I had to take it away from Paige because she started choking on it, oddly enough same thing happened with their duck strips... definitely not the best quality IMO.

Amie

Postby Amie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:42 am

I can't find the ingredient list on line... is it just the .. uh.. stick? Or are there other stuff added?

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:58 am

Noted Cadet bully sticks for dogs come from free ranging Brazilian bulls internationally known as "green cattle", because they pasture on native meadows and drink clean water from brooks.

thats what I found anyway.

Adrianne

Costco - BULLY STICKS

Postby Adrianne » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:44 pm

We use these at work and have never seen an issue. I never buy them myself but they're a big hit at work.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Cadet stuff is generally made in China and I stopped buying it for that reason.I asked where those were made in case something changed, since I would not pass on that price with 5 dogs living here. IMS trading corp distributes them and they are located in NJ but if one look at, for example, their duck jerky treats package there is a note that says "product of China".I juts found an old bag with 2 treats in one of my dogs cabinets so i went to look.

I have to say that I bought them before, at Costco ( especially the chicken fillets) and had no problem and the dogs really liked them but it is one of the very few product that I was getting from China, when it comes to dog foods.The bully sticks made one of my dogs sick and the last time I ordered them on line they came smelling so horrible that I threw the bag out. Not the usual stinky bully sticks smell (they do not smell like roses, of course) but something more.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Oops I forgot to post they are 'made' in Brazil.

I was ERY careful about that. Years ago when they first started carrying the chick fillets I got them but when they smelled bad to me and I saw they were from China, I just did not trust them.

These I did not buy, since I had just bought a bunch from a local store that was moving but these are just big 'ol bull pen*s like they usually are. Can they actually put ingredients in them?

Also thanks for the heads up about being stringy. I'm left with the question again, how can they possibly br different than others? Is there a difference in processing methods? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to aminal processing methods.

Still, a heck of a deal... Not so much if you have to battle an obstruction!

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 am

My friend swears by them for her bully and mal. I think they are basically the same as others, but I get better deals at work.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:39 am

PitBull-Lady wrote:Oops I forgot to post they are 'made' in Brazil.

I was ERY careful about that. Years ago when they first started carrying the chick fillets I got them but when they smelled bad to me and I saw they were from China, I just did not trust them.

These I did not buy, since I had just bought a bunch from a local store that was moving but these are just big 'ol bull pen*s like they usually are. Can they actually put ingredients in them?

Also thanks for the heads up about being stringy. I'm left with the question again, how can they possibly br different than others? Is there a difference in processing methods? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to aminal processing methods.

Still, a heck of a deal... Not so much if you have to battle an obstruction!

Ahhh... the great sting penis bull breeds... :P

Honestly, I'm not sure but we do use them at work and I haven't seen any string at all. They all chew down with the white doughy ends. We go through them a lot too.

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”