Identicollar - a twist on ID collars!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Identicollar - a twist on ID collars!

Postby AmberD » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm

So I posted a while back about doggyloot.com, but I wanted to share this particular special separately because there was a recent discussion on cheap ID tags. I, personally, have been considering getting a cheap, embroidered ID collar for one of my dogs who has discovered she enjoys jumping fences (she now has a sky line, but still). This Identicollar deal came up, and I think I like it! (just follow the link to doggyloot.com, and the deal should be there, along with any other ongoing ones they have.

Oh, and if anyone's used Identicollar and has feedback, that would be cool, too!

Amie

Re: Identicollar - a twist on ID collars!

Postby Amie » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:09 pm

That looks really neat! Thanks!

AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AmberD » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:25 pm

While I didn't purchase this deal the first time I posted it, it came up again recently and I went ahead and bought one, since Josie keeps losing her F-ing tags. How does a dog on a zip line (because she hops fences) keep losing her tags?

Anyway. I bought one, it came with a ton of numbers and letters so you could put whatever you need on it. With 20 holes, I opted for two phone numbers. It was pretty cute. There was only supposed to be one phone icon, but there were two, and I used them both. The package made a big deal about how you needed to be very careful when snapping on your pieces, because once they were snapped on, they would not unsnap. I was very careful about placement, and I firmly snapped all 20 pieces to their studs. The next day, one of the numbers disappeared from the middle of the collar. Annoying, but we thought maybe I somehow didn't snap it together correctly. While the collar was only supposed to come with 20 studs for 20 holes, there had been an extra I noticed when putting it together, so I replaced the "3" and didn't think too much about it.

Tonight, I realized the last number is missing. This collar is useless with incomplete numbers. The collar is just sitting on her neck. We use a 1.5" collar for her zipline, so there's no roughing the identicollar up (although the dog does manage to keep losing her tags, so who knows).

I wanted to share this in case this thread comes up in a search later. I'll be writing the company a letter, too.

abbybaby2011
Adolescent Bully

Postby abbybaby2011 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 am

here are some more choices for you, these are the ones that I use,

Scruff Tag Personalized Collar http://www.dogids.com/colored-nameplate ... llars.html

Leather collar with rivited nameplate http://www.dogids.com/collar-with-nameplate.html

and here is the link to all kinds of cool accessories,
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=151905

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”