What's the best Dog Chew?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
vince760
Newborn Bully

What's the best Dog Chew?

Postby vince760 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:24 am

I am looking for something inexpensive that by pits can chew on for the most part of the day to keep them occupied and not to chew on my patio furniture, and anything that is in my back yard. I need something that a) Lasts a very long time 2) Good for my dog 3) Inexpensive

I have tried the following below:

- Bully Sticks:
Review: Great item, best as far as natural chews get but a bit on the pricy side and only lasts 1-2 hours

- Raw hide:
Review: Depends on what you get, I get the pork twists that are about 4" long, inexpensive but does not last long at all.

-Toys: (Kongs, Ropes, tires etc.)
Review: Problem with these is that they get bored easy if there is no food or something like food (peanut butter in kong) associated with it and if you do put something in a toy they have already eaten it and off to the next thing to chew.

- Bones
Review: I get the bones with the Marrow inside and are fairly large about 6" or so. great item but a bit on the pricy side for a everyday chew. They can clean out the entire bone within a day or two, and I have also put peanut butter inside the bone once they have completley chewed everything out but still you can only go so far.

Thanks!

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Re: What's the best Dog Chew?

Postby starrlamia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 am

im not sure what price you are looking at but antlers and nylabone galileo are a good investment, they cost a bit more then the other chews however they last a lot longer, goughnuts are another good one!

I<3mypit
Newborn Bully

Postby I<3mypit » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Bully sticks from this place are cheap and you can get different sizes which may last longer.

http://www.bestbullysticks.com/

xKayleighx
Newborn Bully

Postby xKayleighx » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:19 pm

You could freeze kongs with peanut butter...

Have you thought of crating them? You could give them something to chew on in their crate also. This would keep them occupied and they would obviously not chew on anything other than the chew toys since they'd be in a kennel.

Just a thought. :)

vince760
Newborn Bully

Postby vince760 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:02 pm

xKayleighx wrote:You could freeze kongs with peanut butter...

Have you thought of crating them? You could give them something to chew on in their crate also. This would keep them occupied and they would obviously not chew on anything other than the chew toys since they'd be in a kennel.

Just a thought. :)

freezing the kong with peanut butter, is a good idea! it would take them longer to chew or lick out the PB. Thanks!

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”