Bike attachment

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Bike attachment

Postby jtalt7 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Who has a bike attachment for running their dogs? Which brand do you prefer? I am looking for one to use with a high prey drive dog that wont kill me :)

Also if anyone is looking to sell theirs let me know

I need to get off my butt and lose this weight and tire out these dogs.

suzanne
Adolescent Bully

Re: Bike attachment

Postby suzanne » Mon May 28, 2012 9:48 pm

I have a Springer.

I'm really happy with it and use it on one of my dogs who likes to pull. I bought it because it seemed like it would be the strongest attachment to hold a lunging pit bull, but he drops down into a trot and I end up pulling on him, so I don't use the attachment on him that often. I don't trust bike attachments in general on their own, so I hook my dogs up, but also have a leash in hand as a just in case - plus then if they try to go after something you have control over them.

For my dog who likes to pull it's really nice, he pulls me along and it's nice to have both hands on the handlebars. The only thing I don't like is that when the dog is pulling it allows for the dog to be up level with your tire - I always worry they might go after a squirrel so I have to keep an eye out. The other thing is that if you have a powerful dog if they took you by surprise you can still feel quite a bit of the pull, I've not felt like they could pull the bike out from under me, but it can come as a surprise when they lunge sideways.

Also with the springer I did not use the stupid dinky rope piece it came with, I used a nylon slip-lead and fashioned my own attachment. I also don't use the quick release plastic pieces it came with because I don't want to risk my lunging dog getting loose and going after something.

A few neighbors recommended this:
http://www.thedogoutdoors.com/dog-bike-leash.html

It's costly but I think I like the design better.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 pm

I have the Walky Dog. I like it a lot. Curly has high...very high prey drive. It works great with the give, and I can't feel her pull when she does. The only issue I had with it is that I have a cruiser, and it is made for a bike with normal size rods. I had to get a piece of material from home depot to wrap my rod it attaches to so that it tightened correctly and didn't move on me. With mountain bikes and such it seems to fit correctly.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

NYPDiddy
Newborn Bully

Postby NYPDiddy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Walky dog is the best

Siberian
pacifist ...usually

Postby Siberian » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:32 pm

I have Springer and Walkydog. This is what happened to Walkydog in the middle of the busy intersection:

It send me driving one way, and Sheba running another. One of the scariest moments of my life, and I owe it all to Walkydog. This was several years ago, so it is quiet possibly they have improved upon their structure, etc, but I am keeping my Springer.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:30 pm

The Springer one I had years ago was actually bent when one of mine saw a squirrel. I will never trust one of those things...

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”