travel stuff

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
morganmariah
Newborn Bully

travel stuff

Postby morganmariah » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Luna and Nala both get carsick... and i drive my great grandmother's car, so it has leather seats and is more or less in perfect condition... i really don't want them to mess it up either by vomiting on it or clawing the leather, but i can't seem to find a reasonably priced back seat cover/hammock that doesn't require backseat headrest posts. my step mother got me a hammock for Christmas, but we soon discovered it wouldn't work because apparently Buick didn't think anyone would want to adjust the headrest in the backseat of a 95 roadmaster (primarily an "old lady car" as my dad always tells me)

Does anyone else here have this issue or have a solution? i've only found one backseat cover that doesn't use headrest posts, and is just held in place by the seat belts... but it was over $150, and i can't afford that.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: travel stuff

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Just throw a blanket down and teach your dogs to sit quietly in the car.

Or look into regular seat covers instead of the ones made for dogs.

morganmariah
Newborn Bully

Postby morganmariah » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:51 pm

blankets slide right off. the seats are leather.

i might look into regular covers though, thanks

Cat24
Adolescent Bully

Postby Cat24 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Are there headrests in the back seat at all? I know my car hammock just kinda hangs off the headrests, nothing special about needed adjustable headrests to make it work. If there aren't then finding an appropriate seat cover(the people kind) is likely your best bet although I would suggest a blanket or bedwetting pad (http://dft.ba/-wetmat) on top of that to help limit damage from vomit as I don't think most of them are waterproof.

morganmariah
Newborn Bully

Postby morganmariah » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:08 am

unfortunately, my back seat headrests are little more than raised bumps in the backrest, emphasized by stitching... ill look into childproof backseat covers... maybe those will be water proof

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”