NON-squeak soft toys?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Amie

NON-squeak soft toys?

Postby Amie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:02 am

Liberty can't handle squeakies. I have stuffed toys in the house that have squeakers, but neither adult dog squeaks them other than occasionally stepping on them, and when they do squeak Liberty gets very upset, starts crying and tries to take and protect the toy. For the first week, Elphie wasn't strong enough to make the toys squeak, but now she is, and Liberty is really having a hard time with it. I want Elphaba to have a choice of toys, but not at the risk of breaking Liberty, or of having a bad experience with the two dogs together. Ideas?

AllisonPitbullLvr

Re: NON-squeak soft toys?

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Kids stuffies? You can find a chocolate ton of them for free or basically free since new parents get tonssssss. (So I hear, we are one of those rare families that didn't.)

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:02 pm

They have stuffie-like toys that go over an empty water bottle. Maybe she would like crinkly noises.
http://www.amazon.com/Kyjen-PP02200-Bot ... le+dog+toy

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:51 pm

I worry about too many people toys because of fire-"safe" treatments to them. She does like her water bottle toy, and she likes ropes and things, but she is definitely interested in stuffed toys too.

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:01 pm

KONG has some really nice plush toys. Some have squeakers, some don't. But you could easily remove the squeakers from the toys who have them. Just take them out and stitch the toy back up.

http://www.kongcompany.com/en-uk/products/for-dogs/plush-toys/

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Amie wrote:I worry about too many people toys because of fire-"safe" treatments to them. She does like her water bottle toy, and she likes ropes and things, but she is definitely interested in stuffed toys too.

Well, I assume you wouldn't let her ingest the stuffing. Would you? What are you trying to say? Do I need to come remove her from your care?

But for the record, my kid chews on her stuffies which likely have fire-retarded chemicals added.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 am

No squeakers here with the hunting dog either- we have two kong wubbas, and all the old squeakers died a swift death by steak knife. A few still squeak when stepped on, but that's about it.

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 am

Nice try, Allison - but aren't they treated on the outside with chemicals to prevent flame? I prefer my puppies chemical free and flaming. Or something.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Amie wrote:Nice try, Allison - but aren't they treated on the outside with chemicals to prevent flame? I prefer my puppies chemical free and flaming. Or something.

LOL I don't know. I know there was a story floating around facebook about the stuffing from human stuffies gelling when ingested because of the fire retarded applied BUT it could have been an urban legend.

Either way, I can't help but see the humour in this conversation.

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 pm

You're just trying to steal the world's cutest puppy from me. It's all fine and dandy that you have people suggesting she's really a shar pei with all those wrinkles - it won't work. She's growing into her face, slowly. She's staying with me. ;)

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”