GREAT stuff to get for dogs at COSTCO

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
sara
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

GREAT stuff to get for dogs at COSTCO

Postby sara » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:58 am

I LOVE COSTCO. I was thinking about it, and I not only save big bucks on people stuff, but stuff for dogs too. And most of it doesn't come from the dog aisle!
So I thought it would make a nice list post, perhaps give people ideas about stuff they can get for their dogs from Costco and get ideas for myself about other great things I can be buying in bulk.

EGGS - they sell 18 packs for pretty close to the dozen from the regular store. My dog gets an egg a week and we go through the 18 packs pretty quickly.

PEANUT BUTTER - I get a two pack -- two jars of Kirkland brand. They also have the all natural PB if your so inclined to not get all the hydrogination (thats the kind you stir). If anyone is a kong stuffer you know how fast this stuff goes.

CHEESE - big bags of string cheese, a big savings compared to the per piece charge at stores. We use these for our lunches and as a high value treat on walks, etc.

BEDS, CRATES - The beds are great quality, and $14-$20 -- last time we were there they had nice metal mesh crates.

YOGURT -- good for the digestion and for kong stuffing.

DRY FOOD - I don't get this yet (as they have "puppy" but not "large breed puppy" - I'll switch once she is two). What is the price, $18 for a 40 lb. bag, and the quality is close to that of higher brands?

What do you all get for your dogs at COSTCO?

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:49 pm

no costco, sams club for us...and I get all of the above, except for dog food. The biggest things is beds...best place to buy big cushy beds for cheap...and string cheese...my guys love string cheese/peanut butter in their kongs.

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:15 pm

Costco is good for dog stuff. But there's no reason to feed puppy food until your dog is two years old. I'd just switch now, and yes, the quality is very good for the price.

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:11 pm

I want an awesome Costco bed for Ella SO badly. But we don't have a Costco near us and they're so much more expensive online.
She'd LOVELOVELOVE one of those sofa beds.

I'm going to have to travel to get me to a Costco!

Pitless2208
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Pitless2208 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:25 pm

I buy my coonhounds beds from costco, prices are always low and they last a long time..actually I still have one that I bought from them when she was just a pup. Most are too small for my danes but I did find an Xlarge one a few weeks ago and snatched it up.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:48 pm

Costco beds rock.

That's about the only thing I've bought at a Costco ever . . . I'm not a member, I just tag along with other people from time to time! lol

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 pm

BabyReba wrote:I'm not a member, I just tag along with other people from time to time! lol

CHEATER! lol (just kidding)

I really want a Costco bed for Kane. I don't know where I'm going to put it, but I REALLY want one!

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:22 pm

OMG. Ella wants a Costco bed, TOO.

She's going to make me travel far away to distant lands to find her a Costco bed so that she won't lay on our couch anymore.

hahaha. Actually, it wouldn't matter, she would anyway. She wants to be by her people.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:50 am

Tux sure likes the Costco sofa bed.

I usually get bully sticks, big bags of chicken strips and the "freshies" (chicken and liver hard cookies in the shape of bones).I bought a nice couch throw for the dogs there as well.

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:01 am

Red wrote:I bought a nice couch throw for the dogs there as well.

OH! I forgot about that! I bought one of those and fell in love with it...went back and got two more!

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:29 am

mommy2kane wrote:
BabyReba wrote:I'm not a member, I just tag along with other people from time to time! lol

CHEATER! lol (just kidding)

I really want a Costco bed for Kane. I don't know where I'm going to put it, but I REALLY want one!

I want to get one for Khan too. I'm trying to figure out who I know that has a membership lol

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Costco is awesome! Taffy got a bed from there, and that's where we get her food currently. You can get some pretty good treats there as well. I just wish I had my own membership... lol, I usually tag along with my Mother.

sara
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sara » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 pm

Red wrote:Tux sure likes the Costco sofa bed.

I usually get bully sticks, big bags of chicken strips and the "freshies" (chicken and liver hard cookies in the shape of bones).I bought a nice couch throw for the dogs there as well.

Now -- that's just showing off that comfy be to all the posters who want one!

They have BULLY STICKS at costco? I have never seen them there. I have seen pig ears in mass quantities, but I haven't researched whether those are good for dogs or not OR tested to see if my dog likes them. I don't often venture to the pet aisle. Most of the stuff I get is meant for humans. I'll have to look for the Freshies cookies too. My dog LOVES liver things.

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:45 pm

Red wrote:Tux sure likes the Costco sofa bed.

Gawd I love Tux... :inlove:

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:45 pm

the couch beds they had at my costco were pretty small . . . they didn't seem big enough for my 50 pound and up dogs.

but they did look nice.

i haven't seen bully sticks at costco either--i might need to get someone to take me to a different costco than the one i have been going to near my house!

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”