How often do you wash dog beds/covers/ blankets?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
RodentRanger
Super Bully

How often do you wash dog beds/covers/ blankets?

Postby RodentRanger » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:11 pm

I suck. I only wash mine when I *know* they're nasty and funky. The water is the washer is :yucky: . I was the covers when they're gross, and the fluff gets washed about 2x a year. The fluff is all fleece scraps and it takes 5..count them, FIVE loads of laundry to wash just the two beds' worth of fluff. The foam beds get tossed when the foam is nasty, and I spray them down with AIP when I wash the covers.
Now that I have a mobile baby, I'm going to try to wash them more often and we tossed one fleece stuffed bed. How many beds do 2 dogs need?! They have 5 beds and 3 blankets, plus their camping beds and the sheepskin in the car!

How often do you wash your dog's/dogs' beds, bed covers or blankets? Do you wash just the cover or the fluff too?

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:05 pm

I wash the dogs beds and blankets when I wash MY sheets and blankets, so once a week. I only have three dog beds, and maybe six dog blankets, so it doesn't take that long. I don't wash the stuffing stuff, I just air it out and put in a few cedar chips to refresh the smell. About every six months I replace the stuffing with new...stuff. Easier that way.

Ket

imperiumx1st

Postby imperiumx1st » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:04 pm

i wash em almost every month since i like to keep em
nice and clean :thumbsup: actually im washin them right
now as i type this lol

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:28 pm

I wash Ella's bedding probably once every two weeks or once a month. :oops:

Her skin hasn't been acting up, when it did her bedding was washed weekly.
I use baby detergent on her bedding, too, and no fabric softener, unless it's the Bounce-free sheets.

LazyDaisy
Forum Junky

Postby LazyDaisy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:01 pm

Our dogs don't spend much time in their crates, which is the only place they have blankets/beds. They would never lower themselves to actually lay on a floor lol , it's only our bed or the couch for them. hehe. So I wash their blankets whenever they get washed. It can vary from once every other week to once a month.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:40 pm

I put blankets over both dog beds and they get washed every two days. The covers for the beds themselves get washed every few weeks. Because I put a blanket over the bed, there isn't any odor and it keeps the beds clean. The sheet on the sofa gets washed daily.

klandmk
Adolescent Bully

Postby klandmk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:16 am

When Mariah stops eating her dog beds..... I will let you know how long it lasts.
No serioiusly though - it ranges from once a week to once a month.....if they make it a month.

mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby mydogroxy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Deniselynn wrote:I put blankets over both dog beds and they get washed every two days. The covers for the beds themselves get washed every few weeks. Because I put a blanket over the bed, there isn't any odor and it keeps the beds clean. The sheet on the sofa gets washed daily.

Wow. That's a whole lotta laundry.

I was Wednesday's blanket once a week.

pjrocco
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby pjrocco » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:26 pm

When they start to stink... :oops:

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:49 pm

i toss out the inside after a while, didnt know i could wash that foamy stuff inside..
i do wash the covers every week.

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Emma has spay incontinence and will pee in her bed, right in front of us if she's pissed (<---- roflmao ) so we wash about 3 times a week or so.

PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Postby PitbullLover* » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:32 am

I have a lot of stuff for my dogs to lay on, they get a clean "bed" every week :thumbsup: and i wash them once in a week, i think I just wash when i got a lot of dog clothes/blankets and more stuff dirty...

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”