DOG HOUSE PLANS..?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
oolong_black01

DOG HOUSE PLANS..?

Postby oolong_black01 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:36 pm

Its pretty hot here still in japan, there is some shade but its not in abundance out in the back yard .. anyway i was wondering if anyone had or knew of a place where i could find free plans to build young Rhino a dog house.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:52 pm

A dog house probably wouldn't be very useful at keeping a dog cool. I would build him a lean-to instead. Something that he can get underneath, but still have airflow coming through. That said, if I ever build dog houses for my pups, I plan on using this design.

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:24 pm

That's a great design for cold weather! Double wall insulation (just like my favorite coffee mug) and a foyer to keep the wind out. The only thing I'd change would be a cute little roof with shingles and a paint job! But then I'm ambitious like that :)

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:06 pm

That is a great design... we're planning on building a couple houses in the spring to go in dog runs, and I think we'll use that as well!

JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:42 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:A dog house probably wouldn't be very useful at keeping a dog cool. I would build him a lean-to instead. Something that he can get underneath, but still have airflow coming through. That said, if I ever build dog houses for my pups, I plan on using this design.

OMG I love you. I have been trying to stew up dog house plans for little Tobias, since he'll be kenneling with Vi when I get my ER tech job (12 hours shifts...much to long to stay home alone). BUT I'm so NOT mechanically inclined...when it comes down to putting dimensions and such to the design, I just give up. lol That house is almost to a T what I'd been thinking of, and it has measurements and EVERYTHING. :headbang:

I'll definitely have to paint it but won't do shingles as I'm sure Mister T will like to sit atop his dog house and survey his domain. lol

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Glad I could be of service. And yeah, I love that design. I think I could build it myself without the husband's help, so its impressive to me.

KMAN
Matured Bully

Postby KMAN » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:39 pm

I was watching a show on tv the other night. It was about lavishly decorated dog houses. Some had AC units built in , some had flat screen tv's with dvd players. Light poles outside. One matched the owners house, old victorian style. Most were designed by this one husband /wife company I think they said. They mentioned they get anywhere from like a couple grand to almost 25grand for some of the better ones. Can you believe that!

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 pm

KMAN wrote:I was watching a show on tv the other night. It was about lavishly decorated dog houses. Some had AC units built in , some had flat screen tv's with dvd players. Light poles outside. One matched the owners house, old victorian style. Most were designed by this one husband /wife company I think they said. They mentioned they get anywhere from like a couple grand to almost 25grand for some of the better ones. Can you believe that!

OMG... since I only spent 25 grand on my OWN house, I can't imagine spending that on one for the dogs lol

That said, ours will have in floor heating in the interior part to keep the dogs warmer if it gets suddenly cold... although we don't plan on leaving them out there if we aren't home anyway.

shaquillesab09

Postby shaquillesab09 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:24 am

Reekdaddie

Postby Reekdaddie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:30 am

I myself am going to try building this dog house here in the next few weeks..... http://www.ronhazelton.com/howto/doghouse_construction.htm

lovabull
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lovabull » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Thanks for sharing the link bahamutt! I think i'll build one for Choco. I like the idea of having a removable roof- easier to get the creepy crawlies (spiders) out of there.

working class hero
Newborn Bully

Postby working class hero » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 am

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”