cd pits walking harness

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Pineapples
Super Bully

cd pits walking harness

Postby Pineapples » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 am

I see they have plastic buckles. I have a very strong male American Bulldog. Do you think they'll hold him?
Finding proper equipment is sooo difficult here, and he's already destroyed like three harnesses... I just want to invest in something I can be sure he can't pull out of.
Thanks. :)

IamaDick
Addicted to PBF

Postby IamaDick » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:49 am

Pm or email her, she will customize your order for you.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:01 pm

Being anal about safety of equipment, especially with dog aggressive dogs, I'll say that I have never had a problem with CD pits harnesses.I think it is nearly 5 years that I've been using them.I don't generally like plastic buckles and I thought about asking Cindy to replace them with metal ones but then again...no problems.
My dogs are quite strong pullers and we use the harness for work out (bicycle and free walks) and therefore quite some pressure is applied.
I mean, if Jack can pull an SUV with those harnesses.. :tongue:

He is not moving the vehicle, I am just kidding, but he sure tried.Bless his heart.When I pushed the gas pedal a little he was like ":Damn, I am awesome!!" lol

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:44 pm

When I took the plunge and decided to order Kane a CDPits harness, I was worried about the plastic buckles. I remember emailing Cindy and PMing Red about their experiences and the fact that there is NO room for error with my dog aggressive male. I am VERY happy with the harness! IMO, most of the pressure is not on the plastic buckles. I feel very safe walking Kane in his harness.

Pineapples
Super Bully

Postby Pineapples » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Thanks guys! I'm so anal about equipment too. I worry too much...
Nippledog is so big though, he's 70lbs already, and he can lunge out. I'm just scared the buckles might break. If she offers metal buckles I might go for those just for my own peace of mind if nothing else.
Getting a wp harness too, can't wait to start working him a bit! :)

lol @ Jack! He kicks @ss.

Pineapples
Super Bully

Postby Pineapples » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:04 am

Oooh! I just made the payment on a walking harness and a wp-harness! So excited! Want. Them. Here. Now.
The buckles are made to handle 350 psi, so I'm pretty sure they'll even hold a car. My arms will be jerked off befor the buckles snap to put it that way. lol
She is so reasonable with her pricing though!
I'd have to pay equal for one pulling harness made for mushing dogs in Norway, and thay can't really be used for WP. Now I get two harnesses for the same price, and that includes international shipping!
The walking harnesses he has broken I have payed more than the cdpits one, and if it is as good as they say this will be the last one I buy.

Sew like you've never sewn before, and energize it hither all Star Treky in an instant thank you very much! :)

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:49 am

So these harnesses are beneficial for dogs that pull or they make them pull more? I am confused. lol

Pineapples
Super Bully

Postby Pineapples » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 am

Deniselynn wrote:So these harnesses are beneficial for dogs that pull or they make them pull more? I am confused. lol

:oops: A poor norwegian can not be expected to understand if this is a joke or an actual question...
I think I'll blame this on the fact that one of my two braincells is on vacation at the moment. Cuz I don't get it. :(

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:04 pm

Let me clarify, if a dog is wearing a walking harness, does it tend to pull more? I was thinking of getting harnesses for Logan and Molly but I would rather not have them pull when we walk. I use prong collars and they work great.

Pineapples
Super Bully

Postby Pineapples » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Deniselynn wrote:Let me clarify, if a dog is wearing a walking harness, does it tend to pull more? I was thinking of getting harnesses for Logan and Molly but I would rather not have them pull when we walk. I use prong collars and they work great.

Ah! My other braincell is back and everything is pinkyrose again. :)
In my experience, no they don't tend to pull more. But if they do, there is no problem with wearing the prong and the harness at the same time for a while, until they have understood same rules apply. Just use two leashes for a while.
I allow my dog to pull on the harness to some extent though. Harness = fun time, collar = behave and be proper. I always have him wear both.
It's also extra safety for us equipmentfreaks. :)

I like to use harnesses because the pressure is evenly distibuted on the body of the dog, not isolated to their neck. My vet has seen a ton of necks with mucledamage due to jerking on the collar either from the dog or the owner, or just from the dog pulling. Turid Rugaas even did some research that showed there are a lot of back injuries due to the same thing. I can't seem to find it online, but it's in one of her books.
For those interested, this is the book: http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=DTB844

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:25 pm

Stop it!

You're making me want to buy a harness for Ella.
And I'm not able to do that right now.

:))

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks Pineapples! ARGH! What is your real name? lol

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:11 pm

I JUST ordered Ella's first cdpits walking harness!!!

I got a question, I am HOPING I measured her correctly! I got 9 1/2" from the chest bone to the back of her neck. I got 27" for around the ribs.

Does that sound about correct?

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 pm

If you're at all unsure, ask Cindy. (CD pits) She's very nice about it, I was really worried when I measured Tully for her WP harness, and Cindy said if it didn't fit, I could send it back for free adjustment. But it fit perfectly!

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Well, in the comments area I asked if the measurements sounded right. I would just hate to have measured her wrong. And, of course, it would be my fault.

I'm anxiously awaiting her email confirmation and the cost, so that I can mail out the money and get this started! :peace:

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”