HA! Judge Jumps!!

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Red Chrome

HA! Judge Jumps!!

Postby Red Chrome » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:01 pm

DockDogs is at our local fair this year and I paid for a wave...my god, they're expensive BUT it is unlimited practice all week. He was very hesitant at first cause of the drop off of the dock into the pool...after a few times, he was an old pro.

The best part.........his BEST jump was 10'9"!!!!! So cool!!!!!

BUT this is more than likely the only time we will really be doing this...well maybe.....if the lady that wants to start a club here does, then we will doa little bit more but Red is definetely my more fun dock dog!!! lol lol

Just thought I'd share as it was kinda cool and the guy said that they RARELY see GSDs in dockdog competitions as they usaully don't do well. After the WAVE the guys and I were chatting, they said that he was well behaved...vocal but typical for a GSD and that with a little work and a club here, that he could EASILY title and up the distance that he is jumping.

Just a small brag on my dog!!!!

Red Chrome

Re: HA! Judge Jumps!!

Postby Red Chrome » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:12 pm

So, Little Red jumped too......6'3". Maybe some pictures Friday after our practice session!! She loved it as always and she is a DREAM on the dock!!!

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:11 am

Dang I would of loved to watch that! lol
I will definitely need to see pictures of Red and Judge, I love both of them.

I know how you feel, the first time Daktoa jumped I was expecting maybe a 7,9 or something like that. When they said 17,0.... :eek: lol

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:43 am

That's great!

How much is a wave?

Here we do Splash Dogs and all day practice or 1 wave (2 competition jumps) is $20.

Red Chrome

Postby Red Chrome » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:55 pm

FransterDoo wrote:That's great!

How much is a wave?

Here we do Splash Dogs and all day practice or 1 wave (2 competition jumps) is $20.

It was $25 for a WAVE and unlimited practice for the week, so both dogs together cost $50. If there was somewhere we could go year round and practice, it'd be different than only being able to use the boat docks.

Return to “Dog Sports”