What paperwork do I need to for pulling?

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador

What paperwork do I need to for pulling?

Postby Chasesmom » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:19 pm

I was looking on Rip Curl's pulling page and they said that if your dog isn't registered with the UKC you can get a form to register for events anyway. (I forgot what it said and the page is taking FOREVER to load again but I'm sure somebody will know)

I thought in a lot of events that your dog had to not be neutered..I guess that isn't true?
So what kind of form do you need to participate in an event like that if your dog isn't papered and can't be registered?

Just wondering.

Thanks

Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: What paperwork do I need to for pulling?

Postby Chasesdad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Whats the website address and Ill copy and paste the info in here if you want.

Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chasesdad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Oh I think there was a previous thread on this

Re: pulling

Post by Mooresmajestic » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:25 pm

http://pulldoggies.com/ has some great info on how to get started!!

Show up to a pull without the dog and talk to everyone! Generally everyone is friendly and will answer questions you would never think of.

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:37 pm

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 pm

if your dog doesn't have a UKC pedigree, then you would need a LP number, and that requires the dog to be spayed or neutered. APA, IWPA do not require spayed or neutered dogs, just show up and pull. lol

Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chasesdad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

ProudMommy77 wrote:if your dog doesn't have a UKC pedigree, then you would need a LP number, and that requires the dog to be spayed or neutered. APA, IWPA do not require spayed or neutered dogs, just show up and pull. lol

Chase is neutered so YAY!

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Chasesmom, if you want to come see one of our pulls and talk about things, without entering the official pull, you are welcome. We have one coming up in February and you'll get more info there than from a page Karyn have not update in a while! If you tell me your dog's size I can bring one of my harnesses (if I have one that fits your dog) and help you out with beginning work after the official pull is over.We don't generally allow unentered dogs, so let me know if you decide to come.It is usually a good idea to show up and talk to people and get an idea of what your dog should be doing and what goes into WP, before entering.

Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chasesdad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Red wrote:Chasesmom, if you want to come see one of our pulls and talk about things, without entering the official pull, you are welcome. We have one coming up in February and you'll get more info there than from a page Karyn have not update in a while! If you tell me your dog's size I can bring one of my harnesses (if I have one that fits your dog) and help you out with beginning work after the official pull is over.We don't generally allow unentered dogs, so let me know if you decide to come.It is usually a good idea to show up and talk to people and get an idea of what your dog should be doing and what goes into WP, before entering.

Chase is 67 pounds as of now and he is neutered. She wont be back to make it to the one in February but maybe I will show up. What is the date?

We definitely want to come see one in the future when she gets back and take it from there.

Thanks for the info.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Chasesdad wrote:She wont be back to make it to the one in February but maybe I will show up. What is the date?

12th and 13th of February.

Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chasesdad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Cool, where is it being held?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 am

At Karyn's house, San Marcos.

Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador

Postby Chasesmom » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks for the link!

Red - that would be great to come meet up with you when I get back. Like Don said, I can't make the one in Feb but maybe he can make it there. I'm sure you two will discuss that further. If not, we've discussed it and we are going to go to an event when I get back to see what everything is like!
I really think Chase would have a blast doing this and I've been slacking on getting him in to it so now that the both of us are interested and have the time, we can probably swing it!

I'm guessing you need the measurements of his chest and stuff? I think Don has all that already since we won that coat from Libby and he had to measure him!

Okay, well I'll let you two work things out since I can't really do anything from out here. I should be back in mid-march so if there is anything going on one of those weekends, maybe we can head up North and come check it out :headbang:

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:24 pm

www.weightpullharness.com the best out there.

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 pm

ProudMommy77 wrote:http://www.weightpullharness.com the best out there.

x2

I have gotten 2 from her and absolutely love them!
.... And to toot the BDD horn a bit here, the top 6 weight pull APBT's in UKC all have BDD harnesses! (I'm sure several of the other top 25 do too)

Return to “Dog Sports”