How Do You Display Ribbons and Trophies?

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
NorCalRose
Adolescent Bully

How Do You Display Ribbons and Trophies?

Postby NorCalRose » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm looking for ideas to display and store ribbons. The rosettes are especially challenging. And if you need to store some of them, how do you manage this with easy access?

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Re: How Do You Display Ribbons and Trophies?

Postby FransterDoo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm really picky about what I bring home in the first place. Mostly just placements in Dock Diving finals (not the waves themselves) and then Fran and Hank have milestone flyball achievement plaques.

Otherwise, I feel like I just have too much stuff.

If you want to keep everything, I'd suggest a large flat tupperware storage container. For things you want to hang, my friend has the plaque and rosettes hung over her dog stuff dresser along with action photos of her dogs.

elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby elegy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I just have Luce's ribbons hung on ropes that I nailed to the wall. Nothing fancy. All her Q ribbons are in a flat plastic storage box. I don't have enough rosettes to worry about storing them yet, though we're getting there now that Steve is playing flyball and bringing home ribbons from most tournaments.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:10 am

Hmm, something like that might work, things just get so DUSTY at my house. None of the trials around here offer anything super fancy aside from simple rosettes anyway (unless you are like high in trial or something) Is it bad if I look at the premium and see they are only offering ribbons (not rosettes) for placements and decide not to enter? roflmao roflmao

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:15 pm

I think a can of air could deal with most of the dust that would accumulate. Me, most of my ribbons are in a priority mail box right now. :oops: I used to pin them on the wall. I keep my certificates in a binder in plastic sleeves for accessible showoff-ness without taking over my wall. And the only trophy we ever won is displayed next to Terra's kennel room. (Its almost as tall as I am, so it just sits on the floor. LOL

Team Peanut
Newborn Bully

Postby Team Peanut » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Rosettes are on my wall in shadow boxes so keep dust off them along with a picture from the event. Ribbons are in a scrapbook of just ribbons.
certificates are in a binder of "Peanut's Brags"

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:18 pm

So, you're not looking for crammed in a corner (big gaudy weight pull trophies), or stuffed in a drawer and cedar chest, or piled in a wooden bowl? I've got a few nice plaques, silver plate and trophy displayed, and a few ropes of ribbons on one wall. Certificates go in folders in the closet. Agility gives out lots of ribbons, the club I belong to gives out especially nice ones for bigger things. I don't take many of the lower level placement ribbons, unless it was a special accomplishment. I do take Q ribbons, so I can put my Q stickers on them, but some clubs give out bigger Weekend Q ribbons, for all your Q's. These look pretty lame if they only have a couple Q's though.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:36 pm

I realize that a lot of the ribbons actually say what the 4-legged wonder got the ribbon for, but you could cut the legs of the ribbon off and keep the rosette part. Take the rosette and put them on a big wreath.use the bigger ones as the blingy part or maybe as an accent.

OR

you could string them all together securely and make a garland out of them. You could wrap the garland around and up your christmas tree. That would be neat if you are using white or colored lights on your tree.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:52 pm

I want to do a ribbon quilt some day...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ribbon+q ... sQL0hvjICA

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 am

Um... stuffed on top of the fridge, and certificates and sheets stuffed in a bookcase. No? Doesn't work for you? lol

I like the ribbon quilt idea and the wreath idea, too. My friend is tackling about a gazillion nostalgic horse show rosettes (mine are, predictably, in a box in an attic) and I want to make her a wreath now... hmm

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk

NorCalRose
Adolescent Bully

Postby NorCalRose » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Great ideas! Really like the wreath idea and the photo album for the ribbons not displayed. Also, like the wall hanging.

It's also good to know that KingsGurl isn't the only one using the bag-box and stuff method!

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 am

We just hang them on the wall. The basement is dedicated to the dogs! lol

Trophies are just on a corner table for now...

Return to “Dog Sports”