Urban Mushing?

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Galaxy
Newborn Bully

Urban Mushing?

Postby Galaxy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Hm, it seems like a very interesting thing to do. I was wondering if any of you compete in this sport ( if you want to call it that) or know of it. I'm highly interested in doing that with Sabrina and I was wondering what will I need? Watching this video I need a type of harness,but it really isn't a weight pulling harness, at least it doesn't look like any I've seen.

I'm interested in doing it with a bike though.

AbbyGirl352
Super Bully

Re: Urban Mushing?

Postby AbbyGirl352 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:30 pm

It looks like a regular mushing harness. I have a friend is does skijoring and uses a plain ol' mushing harness.

Galaxy
Newborn Bully

Postby Galaxy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:22 pm

AbbyGirl352 wrote:It looks like a regular mushing harness. I have a friend is does skijoring and uses a plain ol' mushing harness.

Thanks Abby, I found a website that sales all of the products and has good reviews. I'm ordering a harness and scooter line later this week.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Dakota and I do bikejoring just for fun, and we use the Ultra Paws Skijoring Harness, works just fine. It's a lot of fun, especially if the dogs get really into it. :) Watch out for cats though. lol

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:23 pm

I wonder if they use a pad conditioner before running those dogs on concrete? I'd love to do that. I've got scars on my elbow from biking with Terra when she saw a cat, though. Kinda scares me anymore. I ran her next to my car once and that worked out well. Its a lazy option, I know.

Galaxy
Newborn Bully

Postby Galaxy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Celesteandthebullies wrote:Dakota and I do bikejoring just for fun, and we use the Ultra Paws Skijoring Harness, works just fine. It's a lot of fun, especially if the dogs get really into it. :) Watch out for cats though. lol

Lol, all I have to do is give her the command ignore or leave it and she'll leave the cat a lone and continue doing what she's doing.

Galaxy
Newborn Bully

Postby Galaxy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:15 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:I wonder if they use a pad conditioner before running those dogs on concrete? I'd love to do that. I've got scars on my elbow from biking with Terra when she saw a cat, though. Kinda scares me anymore. I ran her next to my car once and that worked out well. Its a lazy option, I know.

I actually don't know, I'll look it up and see what I can find. I know they try not to run the dogs on the pavement all the time and some owners use booties to protect the dogs feet. Lol, I'm glad Sabrina really doesn't care for them too much.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Hmm, I haven't thought of that. I'll see if my friend knows (she's more into it than I), I usually do it off road, if I am on road it's not for very long and at a slower pace. Although I'm going to be switching over to me biking with him on leash like normal. I haven't been getting exercise lol

Return to “Dog Sports”