4 weekends 4 events

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Leslie H

4 weekends 4 events

Postby Leslie H » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Also known as I don't get to sleep past 5:30 am until April first.

We had our first of 3 agility trials this weekend. A USDAA trial at our favorite venue. We had lots of fun, but Saturday was scarily long. We got there at 6, the first runs were at 7 am, and the last class started at 7 pm. Less dogs on Sunday. Soleil was quite good, I was brain dead by mid-day Sunday, and came the closest I ever have to forgetting a course. Thank god Soleil is pretty forgiving, and willing to wait while I swivelled my head around trying to figure out my next obstacle. Very ugly PII standard Q, but the last one we needed. On Sunday we NQ'd in Gamblers and Snooker. But Saturday was great, we Q'd in PIII Jumpers and Snooker, and also in Performance Grand Prix. For me, it was a better than average USDAA weekend. We now need the dreaded PII Pairs Q to earn Soleil's PDII.

The next 2 weekends are CPE, Soleil's level 5 and C now, closing in on her CATCH.

The final weekend is an APA weight pull for Scheme.

Soleil's due to get spayed April 2nd, so she's taking the month off.

Adrianne

Re: 4 weekends 4 events

Postby Adrianne » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Congrats on the Qs!

I hit flat exhaustion this Saturday with too much heat and running too long Friday and Saturday. We were at a NADAC trial and I managed to get Sloan too up and I was too low. She moved too fast and I got completely lost for a moment. :oops:

I'll remember more caffeine (and maybe actual food) in two weeks for our AKC trial. lol

We have a similar month. After that, when the heat kick up too much, I'll be hiding on weekends.

Great luck with the CATCH, pull, and the spay!

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 am

CONGRATS! :yipee:

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:52 am

Nice! Although I know how those long weekends, back to back to back can make you feel! lol

Good luck with the agility trials, and the APA pull -- is this the CT pull at the end of the month? Hope to catch up at a pull soon! Looks like MD is trying to set one up in May...

ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Postby ellie@ny » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Good luck on the CATCH Leslie,you have achieved soo much with Soleil in such a short time!!(and probably spent wayyy too much $$$ doing it!!! lol lol )

nic
Forum Junky

Postby nic » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 am

Lol at the no lie ins,I have my first show at the weekend and then it'll be no lie ins till about Oct!! Damn agility,its so addictive!!
Congrats on you Q's. :)

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 pm

I don't know if any other sport is as addicting as agility. I'm just sorry I waited until I was 47 to decide I wanted to run around like a maniac.
Adrianne, all 3 trials are indoors, Soleil and I like to stay out of the weather if we can.
Ellie, we've got 4 Level 5 Snooker Q's to go, and since I'm so point greedy, it'll probably take us forever. As to $, I deliberately don't think about it.
mommy2kane, it is the CT pulls. I was going to do agility instead of the May MD pull, but now I'm on the fence. Well, I'm going to try to go to sleep early tonight and Fri, and try to convince myself I've slept enough.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 pm

CPE weekend, everything went pretty well.
I stayed greedy in Snooker, tried for 3 7's on a not too favorable course. I got all 3, and made it through the vortex of tunnels in the closing, but didn't get the closing 7. I still Q'd, and wound up w/a first place. Also Q'd and firsts in both Standard runs, Q'd and not first in Colors, so now I need 1 standard, 1 Colors, and 3 snooker at level 5. I also had a nice Jumpers run. 2 Wildcards, I NQ'd both. No big deal.

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:24 am

Congrats!

MikeZev
Addicted to PBF

Postby MikeZev » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 am

congrats Leslie! Glad to see you and the dogs are staying busy and having fun.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:14 am

Woo! Great job

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:22 pm

3rd agility weekend survived. This was Fri-Sunday, just 1 run on Fri, 4 each on Sat and Sun. I came very close to having a perfect weekend, but sent poor Soleil way off course in Jumpers Sun. So, 8/9 Q's. No really awful runs, our first level C standard run was really nice. Soleil was surprisingly fast, so I had to handle it differently than I had planned and walked. I got my level 5 standard, colors, and snooker Q's, so all she needs now to earn her C-ATCH is 2 Snooker Q's.

ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Postby ellie@ny » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Leslie H wrote:3rd agility weekend survived. This was Fri-Sunday, just 1 run on Fri, 4 each on Sat and Sun. I came very close to having a perfect weekend, but sent poor Soleil way off course in Jumpers Sun. So, 8/9 Q's. No really awful runs, our first level C standard run was really nice. Soleil was surprisingly fast, so I had to handle it differently than I had planned and walked. I got my level 5 standard, colors, and snooker Q's, so all she needs now to earn her C-ATCH is 2 Snooker Q's.

Awesome job Leslie! :thumbsup:

nic
Forum Junky

Postby nic » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:08 pm

I don't really understand your awards system,but it sounds like you did great,and good girl Soleil for being faster than you expected!!

DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby DogNerd » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 am

Nice job, congratulations! So awesome that you are so close to your C-ATCH!

Return to “Dog Sports”