Carting

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Shutterwolf
Matured Bully

Carting

Postby Shutterwolf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:10 am

Well yesterday, i spent the day taking pictures for my roommate while he was learning Carting with his Leonberger, and i talked to the trainer a bit and she said it would be a good start for weight pulling for my girl.

Looking for some opinions on that, and if anyone else here does carting with a pit bull or any other breed and can give me some feedback on it. Also, anyone into carting, where can i find some good plans/blueprints for building a cart?

Also, for the harness, what do you recommend and where can i get a good one that isnt too expensive?

Leslie H

Re: Carting

Postby Leslie H » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 pm

I've seen some very nice carts, but they were pricey.
I suspect the skills don't actually transfer well to weight pull (unless you don't want to compete).

MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I hope you get some good responses on this thread, I have been interested in carting as well!

HammerTime
Newborn Bully

Postby HammerTime » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:39 pm

There are several weight pulling, urban mushing, and cart pull groups in facebook. I was able to hook up with a local weight puller and start in Saturday. He has an indoor track and some harnesses he said I could use.

markschuette
Newborn Bully

Postby markschuette » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:53 pm

i've seen this dog powered scooter in my town-Bend, Oregon- and it looks like more fun, with more steering control, more dog control and the rider can help! this guy also makes dog pulling systems for trikes ! http://www.dogpoweredscooter.com

and we all know the high drive pitties are pullers.

thanks
mark

Return to “Dog Sports”