Why I hate Tuesdays rant

A place to share rescue-related issues, vent, get advice, and debrief on the challenges of the work!

Why I hate Tuesdays rant

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Tuesday is the day MCAS (macomb county animal shelter) brings their animals in for spay/neuter surgeries. They never fail to bring in the sickest animals you have ever seen, we even have a special room at our place just for them. Several weeks ago they brought a litter of puppies that were too young for surgery, the worker that dropped them off was honest and in so many words told us if they wern't done that day we probably wouldn't see them back. (They brought in a litter of kittens before that had uri too bad for surgery... they never came back.)We were able to pull the litter (puppies) before their fate was sealed. Today they brought in a beautiful blue wiggle butt pittie who was too sick with URI to have surgery, we can't pull her... we don't have the place to keep her and no Foster home wants to put their own pets at risk... her fate is sealed. A stray dog was turned in later today... parvo positive... we can't keep it, we don't have the place or ability to properly treat... he now will sit there for 3 day on a stray hold with only the minimal treatment we could do today.

I cried as I drove home today... knowing we did all we have resources for and there isn't a GD thing any of us can do about it. We are scrambling tonight for other rescue groups, but that seems almost impossible. This is why I hate Tuesdays.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Why I hate Tuesdays rant

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:09 am

8(
:hug:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:10 pm

The only good news I have from yesterday is that we were given permission to euth the parvo dog. At least he won't be suffering any longer. RIP little Chi, at least you had love at the end.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dogs4jen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:28 am

Couldn't someone keep the blue pittie outside in a kennel until it recovers from the URI? It's nice enough outside now, if it had enough shelter from the heat. I wish I could keep her on my porch but I'm sure it would be total chaos with my other dogs.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 pm

I meant to say too, that sounds awful and I don't blame you for hating Tuesdays.
I keep thinking of that blue pittie, wishing I could think of some way to help her.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:14 pm

She really needs a hospital stay and none of the rescues in the area are able to swing that right now, and none of us can afford it. We don't have enough fosters for what we have now, and the only rescue group that would have been able just had a dog they had to have surgery on for a collapsed lung. I am just praying that mcas treats her... she was sooo nice
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dogs4jen » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:52 pm

How much would it be? I could chip in some, and maybe if you posted it in the general forum other members could help too.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Return to Rescuing the Rescuers