nudering my pit at a year and a half

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

nudering my pit at a year and a half

Postby donblaze » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:31 pm

I have a little bit of a problem. I bought my dog with his testicles at 9 months I asked a vet about nudering him at a year and she said that it would make him a much different dog(which I dont want). keylo is perfect in every aspect except for he humps a little much and he has a problem with another dog in the house. the other dog is a chow mix that my ex gf got from the pound because it looked cute and is a complete reject(also un nudered). the chow starts the problems but my family wigs out when keylo unleashes. the prejudice against pits in my home is obsurd. will nudering the dogs have any affect on there behavior towards eachother?(both dogs over 1 1/2yrsold) will nudering keylo affect how energetic and fun he is?(he shows no agression towards anyother dog) i am going to get rid of the chow, but wouldnt it be detrimental to keylos personality to remove his nuts at this age?
donblaze

Postby moto1320 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:20 pm

Outside of recovery, no. My male was clipped at one. He did stop trying to hump my GF, but I think it happened to coincide with the establishing of the chain of command. His drive, protectiveness and everything else stayed the same. Fix your dog, it is worth it for so many reasons. Get the chow done too.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby CinderDee » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:39 am

i am going to get rid of the chow, but wouldnt it be detrimental to keylos personality to remove his nuts at this age?

No, he'll be as much fun and as energetic as he always was.

Please have the Chow done too...before you find a GOOD home for him.

Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Return to Health Issues