Dog In Labor Rght now 5 hours has passed

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Carla
Forum Junky

Postby Carla » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:29 am

If she has not been laboring for the 5 hours, the two MAY be all she had. Although the vomiting bothers me and I'd have her looked at.

Carla

BlueBullyBabe
Adolescent Bully

Postby BlueBullyBabe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:34 am

TAKE THE DOG TO THE VET NOW.

Don't worry about the cost that is irrelevant now you should have thought about that BEFORE leaving two unfixed dogs together unsupervised wether you breed on purpose or not you certainly didn't do much to prevent it either.

I would assume you already have a regular vet and if not find teh nearest vet ER just look in the phone book for one. I HIGHLY doubt she only has two puppies she probably has one stuck in the birth canal.

Chances are she -will- have to have surgery wether to remove the live pups or the dead ones if they have been stuck for too long. You are seriously risking this dogs health by waiting any longer. Even if they remove what pups are left mom and babies still run the risk of serious complications from some a stressed labor.

If after the whole ordeal is done and the dog is still alive and you cannot afford the bill that comes with it, sometime you can sign mom and babies over to a rescue and they will absorb the cost, or work out a payment plan with your vet.

In the future I hope you will be MUCH more responsible and if you don't plan on being...don't get another dog.

jrsapbt
Adolescent Bully

Postby jrsapbt » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:04 pm

A responsible owner gets an exam and xray before and after the pups are born. You should have been prepared for both.

I had a dog give birth to 9 pups and stop for 2 hours and the only reason I hadn't taken her in sooner was the e-vet said 9 pups was a healthy # and she probably didn't have any more. I could feel them moving inside her so I went to a new vet immediatly when that one wouldn't go to the office on a holiday weekend. Needless to say she had a breech pup out of its sack stuck in the birth canal and 4 more pups behind it.

I hope your dog and pups make it and find good homes.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Good lord.

jdmeg6
Newborn Bully

Postby jdmeg6 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:50 pm

just got back from the vet , there was no puppy inside, she only had 2 puppies. next time i will remember not to come here for advice!!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Thankfully, your female and her pups are okay. Please understand it is difficult to hear of an innocent animal who needs urgent medical care and the owner says he/she can't afford it.

Is there anything you can do to prevent this from happening again? Perhaps having your female spayed?

Please don't run away from the forum. We can come across as headstrong and abrupt at times but we are passionate about our dogs and the well-being of them.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:55 pm

jdmeg6 wrote:just got back from the vet , there was no puppy inside, she only had 2 puppies. next time i will remember not to come here for advice!!

Or- you could do better than that...

Fix your dogs...

Nayetopps
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Nayetopps » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:06 pm

jdmeg6 wrote:just got back from the vet , there was no puppy inside, she only had 2 puppies. next time i will remember not to come here for advice!!

Well golly gee, its a good thing you decided to take her to the vet on your own without asking us since your message definately portrayed the fact that you were going.... (*sarcasm*)

What would have happened if you didn't go? What if there WAS a puppy stuck inside her? What would you have done if she had DIED because YOU didn't get her proper medical treatment?

You need to get your act straight and maybe think about owning a dog at all. You should know better than to leave two unfixed dogs together (One testicle or not! It's still a testicle!). Your poor pup shouldn't have had babies at 11 months old.

I pray you get your head on right and come to your senses. Either learn what it is to be a RESPONSIBLE dog owner, or admit it to yourself that you're not ready and find a new home for your pups.

Nayetopps
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Nayetopps » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Well golly gee, its a good thing you decided to take her to the vet on your own without asking us since your message definately portrayed the fact that you were going.... (*sarcasm*)

What would have happened if you didn't go? What if there WAS a puppy stuck inside her? What would you have done if she had DIED because YOU didn't get her proper medical treatment?

You need to get your act straight and maybe think about owning a dog at all. You should know better than to leave two unfixed dogs together (One testicle or not! It's still a testicle!). Your poor pup shouldn't have had babies at 11 months old.

I pray you get your head on right and come to your senses. Either learn what it is to be a RESPONSIBLE dog owner, or admit it to yourself that you're not ready and find a new home for your pups.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:27 pm

[quote="jdmeg6"next time i will remember not to come here for advice!![/quote]

I h

I hope to GOD there isn't a next time!!!!!!!!!

Please consider getting your dog's fixed.

http://www.puppenschnoodles.com/SpayNeuter.php

jdmeg6
Newborn Bully

Postby jdmeg6 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 pm

im not going to $400 to have her fixed unless its FREE! if someone can help me find a free place to get her fix near , Lowell, MA i will get it done .

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:02 pm

jdmeg6 wrote:im not going to $400 to have her fixed unless its FREE! if someone can help me find a free place to get her fix near , Lowell, MA i will get it done .

You're worried about not being able to afford surgery if she had difficult labor, but you won't spend the money to have her spayed to AVOID another pregnancy?

Sure, $400 is a lot of money, but it's one of the expenses you accept when you accept full responsibility of an animal. Have you tried to call around to find less expensive vets?

HappyChick
Newborn Bully

Postby HappyChick » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:04 pm

When you have a serious medical concern with your dogs, GO TO THE VET for advice! That is what everyone here has told you. The majority of members here are not vets and even if there is one here I'm sure they would not make a diagnosis without examining the dog. When you ask for advice on any public forum, you should be prepared for any and all opinions. That is what people do on forums...share their opinions and experiences. Like the old saying goes "Opinions are like donkey, everybody's got one". If you don't want opinions, don't ask!

BTW, I'm glad your dog and puppies are O.K. It would have been wise of you to have set aside some of that "sperm money" for medical issues with your dogs.

kodasmom
Super Bully

Postby kodasmom » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:05 pm

I agree with everyone's posts..... The dog needed to see a vet at the time of your first post. This forum is not a replacement for veterinary care....

I am going to go out on a limb here, this whole situation could have been avoided if you took responsibility in the beginning by getting your girl spayed BEFORE she even got pregnant. Many places offer low cost spay and neutering programs.

Why would you let your girl outside, knowing she was in alone without supervision?

I sincerely hope that as soon as your girl is done with the puppies, you will do the responsible thing and get her spayed. As was previously stated, WE CAN ONLY HOPE............

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:07 pm

Check this post...Maybe you will find something in your area. It is a sticky inthe health section about low cost spay/neuter...I know we have a spay neuter clinic her in SLC. Also the HS does it for pretty inexpensive. You can even get vouchers. Maybe call your local HS and see what they are charging.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23226

Return to “Health Issues”