Dog In Labor Rght now 5 hours has passed

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Jorsher
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Jorsher » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:11 pm

jdmeg6 wrote:im not going to $400 to have her fixed unless its FREE! if someone can help me find a free place to get her fix near , Lowell, MA i will get it done .

Kinda selfish isn't it? Didn't you plan on being responsible before getting a dog...much less two?? These are things you should have planned/considered way before getting a dog (or two).

You need to call around. Why should people spend money on anesthetics and surgical equipment to perform surgery on YOUR dogs because you're too irresponsible to pay for your own spay? You need to call around and find what vet has the best prices in your area. The vet near me wanted around $350 to spay my dog, and I found another one that only charged $103.

You are getting upset with us for telling you the responsible things to do? I don't know if maybe you signed up at the wrong forum, but this is for "responsible pit bull ownership" and you are being FAR from responsible. The comments you are receiving should have been expected.

You sound entirely too young/irresponsible to be raising two dogs, and seem to have the attitude that you know what you're doing and older more experienced people are wrong for giving you the RIGHT advice.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm

jdmeg6 wrote: if someone can help me find a free place to get her fix near , Lowell, MA i will get it done .

akaspaddero wrote:Check this post...Maybe you will find something in your area. It is a sticky inthe health section about low cost spay/neuter...I know we have a spay neuter clinic her in SLC. Also the HS does it for pretty inexpensive. You can even get vouchers. Maybe call your local HS and see what they are charging.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23226

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

here is the link for the low cost Spay Neuter Thread
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23226

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:28 pm

You know, I don't what you want folks to say.
You allowed (yes, allowed) your puppy to become pregnant, never took her for vet care, let her labor for too long with the possibility of a 3rd puppy, then say it cost too much to spay her.
If you're looking for sympathy and a shoulder to cry on, look somewhere else.
If you really love your dog, and want to learn how to be a responsible and knowledgable owner, then stick around.

jdmeg6
Newborn Bully

Postby jdmeg6 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:39 pm

im not looking for ur pitty or your f*u*cK*en sympathy! what you dont understand is im not rich i live paycheck to paycheck, i am still a student. and understand it was a accident, accidents happens .

SueG
Matured Bully

Postby SueG » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Contact Braveheart Rescue in MA-
braveheartrescue@comcast.net

She will be able to help you find a low cost spay for your dog.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:50 pm

jdmeg6 wrote:im not looking for ur pitty or your f*u*cK*en sympathy! what you dont understand is im not rich i live paycheck to paycheck, i am still a student. and understand it was a accident, accidents happens .

Trust me, I understand not having money. I'm a single mom with children and dogs to support. Please check around for low cost spay/neuter in your area. $400 IS a lot for a spay, and I am sure you can find cheaper. As you can see from this incident, the cost to leave her unaltered could be much higher. An emergency c-section is not cheap.

Two unaltered dogs aren't an accident, they are nature and totally predictable. This WILL happen again if you don't take steps to prevent it.

I hope mama and pups are doing well.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:00 pm

I am glad your dog is ok and that she will be spayed as you now have the information on low cost options.

You may want to consider vet/pet insurance:

http://www.petinsurance.com/index.aspx

there are standard inexpensive plans that are worth it... I'm in Canada but had insurance for my dog, I paid initially for accident only which was $9.95/month for a few years, later added select illness from about age 5 or 6 on at $25/month altogether for both, they paid out about $4000 to me over time, way way more than I paid in.

Also it would be a good idea to set up care credit just in case, as you have found out it is horrible to need care for your pet and not be able to afford it/have a hard time finding the $$.

http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/whycc.html - apply online

http://www.carecredit.com/faqs.html - frequently asked questions

TuckerPup!
Newborn Bully

Postby TuckerPup! » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Here's a link to MANY low cost spay/neuter organizations in your state. Please get your dogs altered.

http://www.massanimalcoalition.org/spay ... 0info.html

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:04 pm

jdmeg6 wrote:im not looking for ur pitty or your f*u*cK*en sympathy! what you dont understand is im not rich i live paycheck to paycheck, i am still a student. and understand it was a accident, accidents happens .

Then why do you have a pet? Sorry, not a good enough excuse. Can't aford the pet, don't get it.

I live "paycheck to paycheck", but can afford to care for -the correct way- ALL my animals in my care. At the lovely age of 20. I wouldn't bat an eye to rush my lizard to the vet if needed, one of the chinchillas, ferrets, OR my dogs.

You are playing with a life. If you can't treat that life the way it should be treated, vet care included--don't keep it. Find it a home where they'll get it the care it needs, get the dog fixed so she won't have to suffer.

innocence621
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby innocence621 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:21 pm

I am almost positive that you can find a place that will spay her cheaper than $400...but if not...

I'm willing to bet that you will be selling these puppies?? That will pay for the spay, right?

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Well, that wasn't clear!

You see, the rest of us are all independently wealthy people who spend our days on our yachts eating bon-bons and reading mysteries while our staff takes care of the reproductive needs of our dogs!

Or maybe, just maybe, I have $4.70 in my checking account but my damn dog is fixed, constantly supervised or appropriately contained, and I don't wait for a medical emergency to sign on line and ask what to do - I take him to the freaking vet, even if it means I don't eat for the next three days.

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Sorry that is not an excuse. We are a family of 5. We live paycheck by paycheck. There are 3 children in my home plus 9 dogs. They all get their vet care. I had to dish out money for an emergency c-setion cause of someones so called "accident" cost me $1200 trust me I didn't have $1200 laying around. I had to beg and call in favors to get that money. The dog died on the table, she got her back, she needed blood, thankfully I had other pit bulls in the house for her to be given blood.
After all that, cause of her being in shock and the bruising on her mammory glands, she could not nurse. So We had to bottle feed 5 pups. There is several more hundred dollars. But you know what we managed to do it. We went through this cause a pup was stuck in the birth canal.
Will I get any of that money back as the pups are adopted out. NOPE! It is VERY hard finding homes for the pups. 3 have homes. I have two still looking (even though hubby wants them to stay, he cried when one was adopted last week). I have turned down so many people. You can't just let them go to anyone.

Look at all the links posted for you. Call around instead of posting here getting pissy cause you don't like what people have to say.
If you can't afford simple vet care then you should not have the dogs. You will be back on here in a few more months telling us it happened again.

Someone out in your area has clinics for cheap shots, spay/neuters put fourth the effort to find them.

Jorsher
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Jorsher » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Amie wrote:Or maybe, just maybe, I have $4.70 in my checking account but my damn dog is fixed, constantly supervised or appropriately contained, and I don't wait for a medical emergency to sign on line and ask what to do - I take him to the freaking vet, even if it means I don't eat for the next three days.

I guess I'm one of the richer ones with $13 in my checking account! Being a check-to-check student really is a horrible excuse. I had an expensive incident occur right after adopting my dog and guess what? All my expendable income went to the dog's food and shots while I ate ramen or nothing for almost 2 months. Just recently, $103 of my money (which I could REALLY use right now for gas/groceries) went to my dog's spay. I could have simply put it off, but then the dog could have went in heat increasing her chances of cancer, or possibly been impregnated (although highly unlikely since she's crated or supervised 101% of the time).

I've been check-to-check this entire year, and have not finished my college classes because of it, but I won't ever let that put my dog at risk. It wasn't her choice to be in my care, and it wouldn't be right of me to not fulfill my obligation.

Although you're blatantly being rude and disrespectful (as you were in the last thread), everything that people are saying is out of care for your dogs.

Let's say someone came to you with this story:
Hi, I'm a student with no money. I got two pit bulls and don't have the money to fix them, so I didn't properly supervise or separate them and now the female is pregnant. I never got her health checked during the pregnancy, and she only popped out two puppies. Oh, please also tell me where someone will fix my dogs for free. My inability to take responsibility should be other people's burden!

SO you're told to take them to a vet and you were irresponsible, both statements are 100% true. Why did you lash out and be disrespectful? Were you expecting some at-home miracle cure to fix the dog's situation and make everything ok?

I really hope you'll stick around and learn. Nobody is trying to run you off, and I hope you can acknowledge that your actions weren't the most responsible. I've made mistakes too, but I was never disrespectful to those pointing it out.

Please take advantage of all the good info people have given you on getting the dogs fixed. It will make you and your dog happier in the end.

Good luck!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Kingsgurl wrote:

Trust me, I understand not having money. I'm a single mom with children and dogs to support. Please check around for low cost spay/neuter in your area. $400 IS a lot for a spay, and I am sure you can find cheaper. As you can see from this incident, the cost to leave her unaltered could be much higher. An emergency c-section is not cheap.

Two unaltered dogs aren't an accident, they are nature and totally predictable. This WILL happen again if you don't take steps to prevent it.
I hope mama and pups are doing well.

Well I spit out my bon bon and put down my champagne to type this:
We live "paycheck to paycheck" BECAUSE of our dogs - our dogs don't suffer and become knocked up because of not being able to afford it.
The very FIRST thing we've done when adopting intact pets is alter them.
If you cannot even do that 1 basic thing, you shouldn't own a dog.

Return to “Health Issues”