Dog In Labor Rght now 5 hours has passed

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:19 pm

I am very glad to hear the pups and mom are OK. It sounds like you understand you made a mistake. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to have a credit card (that you don't use) to keep just in case of life-or-death pet emergencies. I have one because there is NO way in hell I would ever deny my dog emergency vet care even if I didn't have the money. It's important to realize that when you get a dog, you need to at least have credit available to be able to save them, especially in an emergency situations.

I am also glad to see that you are going out of your way to make sure the mom + pups get the best postnatal nutrition....a step in the right direction!

Now please please please get your dogs fixed! Everyone makes mistakes, but now you've learned :) I guarantee you can find a low-cost spay and neuter program. I know if you go to the ASPCA some states have a certificate that you can pay for online and take to a vet and they will do the spay/neuter for like $50. I think you have to make less than $20,000 a year, but it doesn't really do anything to prove it if you make more...just say "yes" I guess, lol.

Can't wait to see pics!

Return to “Health Issues”