Skin problems......How do I deal with this????

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
AkainePSP
Adolescent Bully

Skin problems......How do I deal with this????

Postby AkainePSP » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Lila has been on her antibiotic and daily steroid for about a week, week and a 1/2. Her fur is starting to grow back slowly and the red bumps on her belly are pretty much gone.

Friday Lila decided to eat a big clump of grass and I wasn't able to get it all from her so she did ingest some. I would say Saturday she started scratching again and its progressively getting worse. Mostly on her back and around her neck. So now places that were healing nicely are again very red, sore and irritated. What can I do to ease the itchiness? I am assuming its from her eating the grass. From the way she looks I should have names her patches. :sad:

She is due for another bath today, which I will give her a little later. Her last bath was this past friday. Vet said to bathe her twice per week in a shampoo called etiderm. So I have been doing it every 3-4 days.

I do have some chlorhexiderm shampoo and 4% spray as well as the malaseb wipes. I spray her crate with a chlorhexderm spray I made before she gets in.

Should I try the Chlorhexiderm shampoo instead of the etiderm shampoo? I was actually debating on going back to the shampoo bars I make myself.

Is it ok to use the chlorhexiderm spray while she is on cephalexin?

Suggestions, Ideas?

Thanks,
Kelly

bamawrly
Super Bully

Postby bamawrly » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:19 pm

I would call the vet and ask them.

Return to “Health Issues”