FREAKIN' FLEAS!!!!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
PigDog
Newborn Bully

FREAKIN' FLEAS!!!!!!

Postby PigDog » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:01 pm

3 dogs, 2 cats.

Had a flea issue so we Frontlined everyone. 3 weeks later, more fleas, so we Frontlined everyone again and bombed the house. A week later The dogs are scratching again and my wife pulled a single flea off a cat.

WTF!?!?!?!

Anyone else having issues this year? Any reccomendation?

Mario

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 pm

We use biospot :dunno:

firecar96
Newborn Bully

Postby firecar96 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 pm

You may need to contact a Pest control company and have them come out and treat your house. They have products they can use that can not be bought over the counter. I work for a Pest control company and we get calls everyday for fleas and we treat about 100 houses a month for them. Fleas can get to the point where no store bought product or home remedy can get rid of them and when it gets to that point its just easier to call the pros.

Luetya
Super Bully

Postby Luetya » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:02 am

We were having a similar problem. 3 cats 1 dog a bajillion fleas. We used frontline spray without luck, then the liquid you smear between the shoulder blades, bombed the house and sprayed the house. No good. Finally the vet gave us some round tablet. They said it was new on the market and runs 17 dollars a pop. He had to take it on a full stomach but it''s done the trick. No more fleas. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called right now though....

chuey_316
Newborn Bully

Postby chuey_316 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm starting to have the same problem. For almost the 1st year of there lives, my dogs were not outside other than potty and play time. During this time fleas were never an issue. In the past 2 months or so I have been letting them stay in there cage outside to get fresh air. That's when it all started.

I give them baths with flea and tick shampoo, and after they are dry I spray them with flea and tick repellent. It deffenatly kills the fleas, cus i find dead one each time i bath them, but in a matter of days they have more.

I 'm not sure what to do. My dogs are inside dogs, and that's how it's gonna stay, but when I leave for awhile they have to go to the pen, cus I can't trust them in the house alone. On the other hand I will not have a house of fleas either.

I'm gonna try the stuff that goes between the shoulder blades and see how it works.

Luetya
Super Bully

Postby Luetya » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:31 pm

O.K. I found out what it was I gave Clyde that worked so well. It was Comfortis. We are now flea free.

alwyzchanging
Newborn Bully

Postby alwyzchanging » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:12 am

I had the same exact problem this year at my house. It was so bad even WE were getting bit by the damn fleas. I called a pest control to bomb the house, they did the front yard, inside the whole house, the garage, and backyard. Vaccume the whole house before and after they come so you can get the eggs in between the carpet since they only guarantee to kill the adults. I suggest having them come out 3 times during the summer months (there should be a 3 month program) because they should die off for winter. While they're doing your house you cant have any people or pets in the house, so I took the dogs to the groomers to get flea dipped and washed. Once we were allowed back into the house, I put Frontline on both dogs. It was a hassle, but it totally worked. No more fleas inside the house, or on the dogs. :thumbsup: Mission Accomplished.

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am

We had the same problem. We put them on Comfortis and problem solved.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 am

It seems I have heard others comment this year on the ineffectiveness of Frontline. I'm going to give it ONE more dose on the 10th. The last 2 times, she never stopped scratching and was scratching even more by 3 weeks. (I didn't treat the hosue tho but have yet to see a flea inside).... I'm also going to start adding garlic at least weekly. :po: [/list]

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:57 pm

I had an issue awhile ago...once I called Terminex to treat the house and yard...no more problems :) Thank God!!

Return to “Health Issues”