Pleae Help!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
lil*Halo
Newborn Bully

Pleae Help!

Postby lil*Halo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:24 pm

Ok so I switched Halo to Wellness super 5 mix for Large breed puppies. She has been on it for just over 2 weeks.. I transitioned her over 2 weeks… Her poop went from hard to gradually softer the more Wellness I fed her. Now that she is on 100% Wellness her poop is a pile of liquid… I don’t know what to do! Should I switch her back to Solid Gold?? I never had a problem on it before. Also is there anything I can give her that will firm her poop up?? Please help

lil*Halo
Newborn Bully

Postby lil*Halo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention the gas!!! She went from practically no gas to constant gas!! Its like when you have the chocolate not short little farts but long and constant and sooooo stinky!!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:43 pm

that is what wellness does to some dogs, loose poops and lots of farty gas.. yes, put her back on what she was on.. and give her some Slippery Elm (found at human health food stores) that willl help firm up her poop...

jenn&aala
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jenn&aala » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Never had the opportunity to try it, but I heard canned pumpkin will firm up the poo as well.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:55 pm

The rice bran they use as a fiber source doesn't agree with a lot of dogs (mine included). The only Wellness product that has worked for my dogs was CORE.

Return to “Health Issues”