Next best kibble to Canidae?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
track7studios
Newborn Bully

Postby track7studios » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:44 pm

i use Eaglepack Hollistic Select...he loves it..! for some reason, my dog didnt like Canidae too much..as in...he just didnt want to eat it anymore after one week....dont know why...but he loves his Eagle Pack Lamb and Oatmeal...

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 am

bahamutt99 wrote:I wouldn't feed Nutro if you paid me.

x2

XDogs
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby XDogs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:36 pm

Used to feed Canidea for about 4 years before the new formulation came about.. almost all of my dogs started having soft stools and after 1 1/2 months of giving it time to adjust, I still saw soft stools. I have switched to Taste of the Wild and it fixed the soft stools almost overnight.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:48 pm

I wouldnt feed my dog Eagle Pack Holistic either, there is too many fillers and barely any meat, it's a waste of money IMO

Some good foods:

Innova Evo
Orijen
Wellness (preferably core)
Taste of the Wild
Timberwolf
GO Grain Free

Dont know how much these cost in your area but here, they are a little more then Canidae but not by a substantial amount, plus your dogs will eat less.

Hammer 4
Newborn Bully

Postby Hammer 4 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Any thoughts on merricks BG ( before grain) ?

Michael
Super Bully

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:47 pm

ALPO!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Michael
Super Bully

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 pm

I switched from canidae when they changed, bags got smaller, price went up :bully: :bully: :bully:

I went everywhere around here, all the pet stores want, a right arm, plus 40 plus bucks for a decent feed. I finally settled on the members mark exceed from sams club........ not bad, not excellent. Dogs like it and they are doing fine.

Costco is coming :headbang:

molucass
Forum Junky

Postby molucass » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:56 pm

Alize' has been on Solid Gold since she was weaned.. And even though it is excellent food, we recently made the switch to Diamond Naturals.

Our chihuahua has been on Solid Gold for about a year, and we switched him to the Small breed Diamond Naturals as well..

It's only been a couple of days, but so far they seem to like it and are doing well. Its fairly inexpensive.
My mom was feeding her dogs Exceed from Sams. They were all doing well, but she switched to Diamond Naturals as well.. It's about the same price as the Exceed, but higher in quality.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Merrick BG Isnt a bad food at all Much better then some of the others out there and better then Eagle Pack IMO

While I dont like seeing Canola oil so far up on the list, there is a lot of animal protein in the top 5 which is excellent.

I wouldnt personally recommend Sam's Club Members Mark Exceed. Not only is it full of crap ingredients but its also made by Purina which says alot.

Just IMO though Im super crazy about what I feed my pets.

Michael
Super Bully

Postby Michael » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:05 pm

starrlamia wrote:Merrick BG Isnt a bad food at all Much better then some of the others out there and better then Eagle Pack IMO

While I dont like seeing Canola oil so far up on the list, there is a lot of animal protein in the top 5 which is excellent.

I wouldnt personally recommend Sam's Club Members Mark Exceed. Not only is it full of crap ingredients but its also made by Purina which says alot.

Just IMO though Im super crazy about what I feed my pets.

Not much choice around these parts,
My mutts like it and are doing/looking great.
as a bonus, the stinky farts that they had with canidae went away.

DamnWRX
Adolescent Bully

Postby DamnWRX » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

I have noticed that people that was feeding Canidae change to a different kibbles coz of the new formula and so did I, due to loose stool. I went with Merrick Turducken but, that poop is expensive! Just purchased second bag, I'm going to need another alternative just to save me some money for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Return to “Health Issues”