Pet Insurance Question

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
buster!brown
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Pet Insurance Question

Postby buster!brown » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:57 pm

I tried using the search tool since I remember seeing a thread about pet insurance companies, but was not successful.

Buster was recently playing with my friend's puppy and stepped on her leg and broke it (oh my big oaf!). I'm helping my friend out with the pet bill...and hopefully the puppy won't need surgery but if she does, that could be daunting. I got to thinking about it, and I should really insure Buster...because vet bills are outrageous.

Which companies do you use? Which do you recommend?

So far I'm looking into the wellness plan through Banfield or VPI. I want something that will cover the routine stuff and cover an accident or any hospitalization associated with it.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks! :)

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:09 pm

I have VPI for Sonny, for the exact reason you want it. I feel so much better now, if god forbid something happens to him!

They cover basically everything, except pre-existing conditions.

To me its like any other insurance, you may not use it, but if you need it at least one time...its so worth it!

Good, luck. I chose VPI cause I heard a lot of good reviews and my vet recommended them!

buster!brown
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby buster!brown » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:27 am

Thanks for the recommendation. I signed up last night - the paperwork is on its way! My vet recommended it as well, along with the SPCA, but I couldn't find information on their website so iI went with VPI.

Return to “Health Issues”