What's your choice of dog food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Ruger
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ruger » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:50 am

Ruger is doing pretty well on Natures Variety. He seems a lil hyper active, maybe it's the huge increase of protein or maybe it's just me.

Cwgrljw
Newborn Bully

Postby Cwgrljw » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Lucy eats Merrick Wilderness Blend and Stella & Chewy's Freeze-Dried Steaks.

Darn Dog eats better then I do..... LOL

Zexel
Newborn Bully

Postby Zexel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:08 pm

I feed ours Taste of the Wild. Best food that I've tried so far. Although, Brynlee just started itching more on our most recent bag which is almost gone, so I'm going to switch what formula I get for her tomorrow or Tuesday, and give that a try.

Both of their coats stay in great shape, both stools look good, and only Brynlee's farts smell. Good thing we're going to try a new formula for her next!

eoneel
Newborn Bully

Postby eoneel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:18 pm

I feed my dog Merrick Wilderness Blend. He seems to do good on it. I was wondering if it would be worth it to try Taste Of The Wild, or if I should just keep feeding him Merrick. Between the two foods is one better than the other?
I am reading up on RAW and am trying to decide if that is somthing I want to do.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:36 pm

I would recommend the Taste of the Wild over the Merrick, I like the higher protein content plus the lack of grains in Taste of the Wild.

Ruger
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ruger » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:59 pm

starrlamia wrote:I would recommend the Taste of the Wild over the Merrick, I like the higher protein content plus the lack of grains in Taste of the Wild.

I've heard grains aren't bad as long as they are whole grains. I guess not bad doesn't mean they are good huh?

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:13 am

I personally like to stay away from grains and stick to carbs that are easier to digest, such as potatoes.. It really depends on the grain that is in the food as to wether or not it is bad, and the quanitity in it. I find alot of grain free formulas are lower in carbs and higher in protein... Not always but often.

eoneel
Newborn Bully

Postby eoneel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:09 am

Hey thanks for the information Starr. I really appreciate it. Do you know if mixing RAW and dry kibble together is ok? For instance feeding RAW in the morning and kibble in the evening or is it best to just do one or the other?

DamnWRX
Adolescent Bully

Postby DamnWRX » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:21 am

I'm going back to NV....... And Merrick Turducken just change up their formula same with Canidae, now he's having diarheayuuck.....and as far as Merrick he's fart st!!!!!nks too.......

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:46 pm

eoneel wrote:Hey thanks for the information Starr. I really appreciate it. Do you know if mixing RAW and dry kibble together is ok? For instance feeding RAW in the morning and kibble in the evening or is it best to just do one or the other?

The general recommendation is to do raw one day and kibble the next, if you cant switch completely to Raw.

pitgrrl

Postby pitgrrl » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:29 pm

starrlamia wrote:
eoneel wrote:Hey thanks for the information Starr. I really appreciate it. Do you know if mixing RAW and dry kibble together is ok? For instance feeding RAW in the morning and kibble in the evening or is it best to just do one or the other?

The general recommendation is to do raw one day and kibble the next, if you cant switch completely to Raw.

Another variation, which many people find successful, is feeding raw for one meal and kibble for another, like you mentioned. What is usually cautioned against is mixing it all into one meal.

PSU12
Newborn Bully

Postby PSU12 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:06 pm

I feed Natural Balance Potato and Salmon, my dogs love it and their coats have never looked healthier.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Zexel wrote:I feed ours Taste of the Wild. Best food that I've tried so far. Although, Brynlee just started itching more on our most recent bag which is almost gone, so I'm going to switch what formula I get for her tomorrow or Tuesday, and give that a try.

Both of their coats stay in great shape, both stools look good, and only Brynlee's farts smell. Good thing we're going to try a new formula for her next!

What formula are you giving them?

eoneel
Newborn Bully

Postby eoneel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:36 pm

pitgrrl wrote:
starrlamia wrote:

Another variation, which many people find successful, is feeding raw for one meal and kibble for another, like you mentioned. What is usually cautioned against is mixing it all into one meal.

Interesting. I am going to the food shop today so I think I will get a bag of Taste of the Wild and start transitioning from Merrick and see how he does. If that goes good, I will be looking forward to giving him raw every other day and see how he does. Thanks again for the useful info, I am sure my dog will thank you even more! :)

MissLelee
Newborn Bully

Re: What's your choice of dog food?

Postby MissLelee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:20 pm

MissLelee wrote:
Ruger wrote:Ok, I've been reading tons of different postings on and off PBF trying to find the best dog food for my Ruger. It seems to come down to personal opinions, because everytime I find a brand that sounds good I find a few bad reviews for it stating it causes skin problems and a whole bunch of other things.
So I just wanted to know
WHAT'S YOUR CHOICE OF DOG FOOD?
If possible post pictures with your answers to show just how healthy your dog is on that brand.

:peace: Thanks for your participation!!! :peace:

Fromm Family - Surf & Turf (Grain Free Entree) * currently
Orijen - Puppy/Large Breed * considering but is very expensive

I've had my puppy on Fromm for a little over a week now and I've noticed his paws are red and around the nose is really pinky.. I believe he is allergic to something in this kibble... Fromm has several lines so Im going to take him off of the Surf & Turf Grain Free and try there Salmon a la Veg' which is there line for dogs with allergy issues if that doesn't resolve the red paw issues Im going to try Orijen - Large Breed Puppy...

:crybaby:'in as my $$$$ goes in my pup's mouth and out his butt... roflmao

Return to “Health Issues”