Who's Had Hives?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby satanscheerleader » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Bailey is the give queen. :frown:

satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby Razors_Diesel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:54 pm

OMG.. 8( im soo sorry
she looks like shes in pain!!
she ok now i :pray
Razors_Diesel
Matured Bully

Postby GaiaPup » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:22 pm

ewwies wrote:i thought he had hives.. but it turned out to be a skin infection

then they'd scab up, and leave bald spots

he was was on some antibiotics and he got all better ! :)

eeek. those hives look terrible!

We had the exact same thing happen not too long ago. Her hives were allergy induced and than turned into an infection!
GaiaPup
Adolescent Bully

Postby Jazzy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:47 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:Bailey is the give queen. :frown:

OMG! Poor dog! What do you do for her & how long is she like that? :frown:
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Zagari » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm not quite sure what Emily is allergic to, but everytime she spends a lot of time outdoors, she gets hives.

Is it bugs? Grass? Something else? The go away pretty quickly but I still feel sorry for her.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby bellabear » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Jazzy wrote:

Wow, after seeing her, I feel dumb for wanting to cry to the vet that Bellas are bad, Bellas dont look anything like your dog. How sad, I hope she is better now, I hate that they have to suffer. :frown:
bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby kaytenmags » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 pm

maggie got hives REALLY bad once. she got swiped on the face by a cat, and promptly broke out in hives tip to tail. they were so big and numerous that her hair was sticking up in little spikes all over the place. then she was having trouble breathing when she layed down...

luckily, a quick 50mg dose of benadryl cleared things up enough for her to be comfortable, and 24hrs later (and another dose of benadryl) and she was dam near back to normal.

i guess she's allergic to cats!
kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Razors_Diesel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:59 pm

well diesel still have the bumps. only a few on his sides and sparaticly on other parts you cant really tell unless the light hits him a certain way.. i havnt changed anything with him and i got him on benadryll and it seems to help.. when we went to the vets he said there not bad at all and should go away but they still havnt. only thing left to do is change his food. but he did great on the first few bags (15lbs) and i just bought a 40lbs bag so i guess im stuck till i can change it.. i did notice a little diffrence when i stopped givin him egg in his food twice a week. but a few still pop up every few days.. like i said its not gettin any worse or better.. :frown:
dont know what else to do. hoping its not grass! pretty tall in the field and he use to run out there to take a number 2. since then ive stoped him from goin back there. but they still didnt go away
Razors_Diesel
Matured Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:13 pm

Jazzy wrote:

Well, she was like that for pretty well just the day. I give her benedryl when she has a hive break out and she's usually better by the next day. She hadn't had them for a bit and was actually doing pretty good. I have no idea what caused this break out. I was trying her on some beneficial bacteria which may have caused it so I took her off for a bit and will try again later. I was hoping the acidophilus would help with her yeast issues. It's a constant battle with poor Bailey. If it's not hives, it's yeast or staff infections, ear infections, chewed up feet, scratching herself raw, etc... She's actually not too bad right now. I don't know how she doesn't turn into a huge crab. She's got to be one of the sweetest and lovabley happiest dogs around. :dunno:
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby bellabear » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Aww, you should post pics of Bailey, she looks like a beautiful sweet girl :inlove: I am glad that she is doing better. I would love to see pics of her that dont break my heart :frown:
bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby Ninjakel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:51 pm

Loki has had hives, get was bitten by a spider, broke out in hives all over, huge, golf ball sized ones.

I tossed his butt into the truck and took him to the vet. His airway was closing up, and he was so swollen up.

2 rounds of some shots, and benedryl, and one day later, they disapeared...
Ninjakel
Adolescent Bully

Postby Razors_Diesel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Ninjakel wrote:Loki has had hives, get was bitten by a spider, broke out in hives all over, huge, golf ball sized ones.

I tossed his butt into the truck and took him to the vet. His airway was closing up, and he was so swollen up.

2 rounds of some shots, and benedryl, and one day later, they disapeared...

what were the shots called??
Razors_Diesel
Matured Bully

Postby *leenie* » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:44 am

Ginger was covered in hives once. She got benadryl for like 4 days and then she was fine.
*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby Jazzy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:57 am

Oh yes; please post pictures of a non-hivey Bailey. She is quite lucky to have you, to tend to all of her skin issues. Sounds like you are very on top of everything.

With regard to the anaphylactic shock symptoms...that scares the crap out of me. V. has never had trouble breathing, but I always get nervous when she has a bad case of hives and when they don't seem to be responding to meds. I'm assuming that that is a possible symptomatic response connected to hives, but obviously not all cases of hives result in breathing problems. Anyone know if the severity of the hives or the length of reaction has anything to do with whether or not the dog will experiece breathing difficulties?
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby satanscheerleader » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:53 am

I'd love to show off some non hive Bailey pictures! :))

One of my favorite pictures of her that I want to put on a shirt! lol

Bailey and my daughter Raven cuddlin'. We sadly had to permanently separate these two as Raven's immune system is so shot, with Bailey's constant ear and skin infections, she is actually a health risk to Raven. It really sucks. :sad: Sometimes Raven asks if she can just stand at the baby gate and watch Bailey sleep as she misses her friend. :frown:

And here she is bebarking a log. She later puked the bark up all over her crate and started eating it which sent my son and his friend into a frenzy of hysterical laughter. Nothing like something disgusting to get a couple boys going! lol
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues