I'm getting cold feet

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

I'm getting cold feet

Postby Jazzy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:32 am

V. is scheduled for intradermal allergy testing Thursday. They called to confirm.

I have to call back.

I feel like I'm going to throw up. Suddenly I have a million questions. I will definitly ask them when I call to sort of, maybe, probably...possibly confirm.

She's been off antibiotics for 2 days. No hives. See the weather turned. All gone. Head in sand. This test obviously is so not neeeded. Right? Riiight?????

OK she's still itching and licking a little. Not alot. What's the harm of waiting until all hell breaks loose next summer. Maybe it won't! :)
Of course this summer was pretty bad. And it's not good for her to be on antibiotics for 4 months straight like she was this summer. And the steroids aren't good. So the allergy testing would make the most sense...

if only they could test on me, and not her. :frown: I'm going to be sick.

"Grammy" does not help...at all. If anyone can raise your anxiety level a thousand fold it's that woman...with a nice side of blame (directed solely at me, just to be clear) if anything should possibly go wrong. Maybe if someone would just take my mother for a week I could get through this.

Oh God. (Hey, this qualifies as a full on, completely pointless rant...and I don't even care...)

Well...I'll let you (as in the plural, whoever possibly cares "you") know what I do. I have to go out today and get her a "form fitting t-shirt" for after the procedure. Unless of course I projectile vomit in the pet store before I can make the purchase. :frown:

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:55 am

Go back and look at the photos of when she did have hives. Do you want her to go through that again? Really?

Look at those photos, and carry a small notebook with you everywhere you go so when those questions pop into your head, you can write them down right away.

And remember that I love you, and we support you and V and we want you both healthy and happy.

:hug: :hug:

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:25 am

i agree 200% with Amie.. why would you want her to go thru the hives and agony again ? put some socks on those cold feet, get her her shirt, and call back to say YES she will be there for her testing...

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:33 am

OK...I called back.

I talked with the vet tech for 30 minutes.

I feel better. I especially feel better because she reiterated that it was OK to stay there and wait. She said it really doesn't take all that long and they "prefer I wait, so they don't have to put her in a crate".

I asked about anaphylactic shock; they've never seen it. She reassured me they use extremely low does of the allergens. I asked about negative reactions/side effects. Very rare...they've only ever seen itching to a flea allergy that can tend to linger.

I know...I know how bad she looked. It was awful. We have to have the testing done.

I confirmed it. I don't feel like I'm going to projectile spew anymore. I actually really like the whole office. They sound like they know what they are doing. (That's big coming from me, I'm skeptical and jaded and never think anyone knows what they're doing - but really that's part of my charm :)) ).

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:01 am

and what they didnt tell you, is that Rufus will be the admitting nurse for miss V... he promises to make her stay as smooth and comfortable as possible...

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:05 am

roflmao

Now who could ask to be in better paws than those?

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:11 am

Here's a photo from when Romeo was intradermal tested... he had it done twice (turned out to be food allergies)... and its really no big deal. In fact, he was great, didn't even need to be sedated... but he was a big brat for his last 5 injections when mom got out of class early and dropped by to see if he was done yet... he's better off without you, and he'll be fine!

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:49 am

Oh no, Bella goes tomorrow for hers and I was completely fine with it, in fact looking forward to it, I want to know what is wrong with my baby, but that picture didn't help. How long will she be red and bald for?

Veronica is going to be fine and so will you, you have to be strong for your girl. Once you find out what it is, it will hopefully ease your mind, and then Veronica can get all better and live a great itch-free life. Good luck to you (the big baby) :)) and your little baby.

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:11 pm

lol Thanks ME!

The sight of Rufus behind the desk will keep us both sufficiently distracted!!

And x2 Bella!! Thanks MissK. I know it's always good to know what to expect; and I did see a similar picture in my obsessive googling...but yikes...it is a rather daunting photograph. I know...it looks way worse than it is. And speaking of that...how long will it look that bad?

My poor baby!! :crybaby:

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 pm

Oh, the red is actually red permanent marker to mark the location of the injections. The swelling is over within 15-20 minutes when there's a BAD reaction... romeo had no irritation at all. The hair started growing back within a few weeks, and was totally grown back within 6 weeks.

I know its shocking to see the photo, but at least now you know what to expect... and its far better than being shocked when its your baby thats bald!!!

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Whew, you had me nervous. I feel better that its red marker. I am still nervous.

At least I can be a test run for Veronica, I will let you know how it goes. I am really nervous to find out what she is allergic to.

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:26 am

bellabear wrote:Whew, you had me nervous. I feel better that its red marker. I am still nervous.

At least I can be a test run for Veronica, I will let you know how it goes. I am really nervous to find out what she is allergic to.

When are you going?

We go tomorrow!!! (11/13th) :wow

I even got the t-shirt...which was amazingly hard to find this time of year in New England.

I'll keep you posted...needless to say I took the entire day off work.

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:31 am

I am getting ready to take her now, she has to be there at 10:00, I guess I should ask about a t-shirt, I didn't think about that. Poor baby wants her b-fast and water and she cant have anything :crybaby: I will be better in a couple hours. And thank god, I am already off work, I scheduled it so that we can be home with her today and tomorrow.

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 am

Good luck to you two!!!! :hug:

Veronica was told no food after 9pm tonight; but she can have water...

I hate the way everyone does things just a little bit different....it just gives me more to fixate on. :oops:

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Give your baldie baby lots of kisses from me and V. (we can say that, because tomorrow we'll be a baldie baby too :)) ).

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:42 am

Good luck to both of you and your baby's!

Return to “Health Issues”