I'm getting cold feet

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Kelli
Newborn Bully

Postby Kelli » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:55 am

I'm sure everything will be fine. When I took Bailey he was just excited to be loved on the whole time by the doctor! Let us know the results!!

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Jazzy wrote:Good luck to you two!!!! :hug:

Veronica was told no food after 9pm tonight; but she can have water...

I hate the way everyone does things just a little bit different....it just gives me more to fixate on. :oops:

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Give your baldie baby lots of kisses from me and V. (we can say that, because tomorrow we'll be a baldie baby too :)) ).

Thanks Kingsgurl.

Yeah I would like it if everyone did it the same also, but I guess that would probably never happen.

You are lucky, you get to wait for her, this is the hard part, I am home and she is gone :crybaby: It was sad to leave the Dr's office, she didn't even care, she just trotted along with the assistant :frown: Little brat. Oh well, I just want it done. I will let you know how it went after I pick her up. I wonder if she is going to be really groggy. I better make the ride home cumfy for her.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:29 pm

I hope everything goes well for Veronica and Bella!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Johnna, sending you and V a big hug and kiss. :hug:

We are so alike, it isn't funny. I would be freaking out too. Must be the Italian in us huh? :oops:

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Thanks everyone! And yes, Denise I blame my Italian heritage for my at times colorful and expansive emotionality. :))

So Bella...where are you?
How is everything?
What were the results?
Was she groggy?
Any pain?
Does she have red dots all over side?

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Veronica will be fine. Easy to say since we are DONE. Yay. Bella was wanting to play in the yard, so she feels fine, but she was hungry. Pretty much same thing, she is allergic to some trees and mites, so she is going to come up with a formula and she will get de-sensitization shots.

Good luck with Veronica, post as soon as you can, I cant wait to hear what she is allergic to. And she kinda looks cute with the bald spot, at least it will get her extra hugs and kisses for ahile.

:hug: to you and V.

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:28 pm

Yea for Bella!!! All done! I am so happy for you guys; and also so jealous at the same time. :))

I am taking V. tomorrow around 8:30; they said it will be between 45 minutes and 2 hours; but I will be sitting in the waiting room with a book...and V.'s Grammy.

Thanks for easing my nerves; and I'm really glad everything worked out for you both. Were there any surprises in the results or was it exactly the same as the blood test?

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Ha, I guess I was tying at the same time you were. No she was not groggy at all. And she got black marker on her, but I can see some red marks, I guess that is where she was allergic, they are kind of hivey looking. But at the moment she is passed out on the couch with dad :))

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:16 pm

We did it again, although the times seem different, mine says I posted it at 8:11, and its 7:30 :dunno:

The results were about the same for what she is really allergic to, but the first one said fleas was the highest and this one said on a scale from 0-4, fleas was only a 1. She had a couple trees and mites that were 2/3, so moderate, and that is what she is getting the injections for, although I was just looking and it said she got a 2 on feathers, and we use feather pillows, I never thought of that before. So I will be calling the vet tomorrow to ask about that, and I also forgot to ask when she can be bathed again. So many questions to ask, my mind was boggled.

Good luck, make sure you spoil the little princess.

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:25 am

OK...I'm getting ready to go...

I am soooo not happy about this.

Ironically my poor Basset Hound had countless surgeries and procedures...you would think it would have made me rather blase about the whole thing; but it appears to have had the opposite effect. I am more of a wus than ever when it comes to having to have something done to my dog. :frown:

Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Roxers » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am

Be strong! She will be fine! :)

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:19 am

We are back!!!!

Thank you everyone for all the support.

I have to say...in retrospect...it was rather underwhelming. :oops:

V. will be getting allergy shots.

I'll post the details a little later; after I sort through the scads of paperwork I got sent home with.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:20 am

I'm so glad! :))

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:28 pm

Well, as with Bella, I am happy and sad, it is sad that they are allergic to something, but hopefully it will make them more comfortable and be able to enjoy life rather than licking, scratching, itching, knawing, all the damn time.

I cant wait to hear what she is allergic to. Was she groggy at all. Bella wasn't until she got home and got on the couch with dad, and then she was out like a light the rest of the night.

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:57 pm

OK...

one thing that really surprised me was that her reactions were not severe. In a way I was disappointed because I'm thinking...sooo...are we sure then that this is really what was causing those awful hives? The reactions were graded on a scale of 0 (none) to 4 (most severe). All of V.'s reactions fell into the 2 category with a few in the 1 category.

She is allergic to:

Lamb's Quarter (weed pollen)
House dust
Black ant
(sheep wool & mixed feathers...we'll just avoid these 2)
Pine mix
Cedar/Juniper
Molds (alternaria tenius, aspergillus fumigatus and fusarium mix)
and (I haven't looked these up yet; they are listed as "other" :huh?: )
D. Farinae and D. Pteronyssinus

She'll start allergy injections in a couple of days. If there is going to be a positive result we should see it in 3 to 9 months. They will re-check her at 4 months unless we have any problems. Oh, and they want her on zyrtec 5 mg a day until the shots kick in.

If it works...it's all worth it.

The good thing is; V. was phased by none of it. When we were leaving one of the techs was saying goodbye to her and she tried to turn around and go back inside. They even had me practice giving her an injection with saline...and she didn't even notice. She was all, "Ooh hai pretty lady vet tech; I gives you kisses! Cookies...iz that for meh? Nom, nom, nom."

Return to “Health Issues”