Please tell me this isn't what I think it is...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Please tell me this isn't what I think it is...

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:16 am

I'm really friggin scared and nervous. I've had Dobbyn for about a month and a half now. I adopted him after I had to put Sadie to sleep to help me, and he's been wonderful.. right before Sadie had to be put to sleep (about 3-4 months prior) she had a foreign body removed formed of grass and hair.

Dobbyn woke me up at 4am today to go outside, I thought all he did was pee.. but I didn't really watch too well (half asleepness). He just woke me up again(6:30am) to go outside and he had bright yellowy poop. He came inside and threw up his dinner which was still practically whole but mushy. i was figuring if anything maybe he was hungry and thats why he was being a turd, but he threw up a lot of food.. maybe a bit more than half for dinner. Right now his stomache is all gurgley. He has been on Taste of the wild since I got him, and scratches like a banshee (have no idea if thats related). We're tryin to get the scratching under control, I thought it was food related from whatever they were feeding him before we got him.

I'm glad I'm off from work today (...again, which sucks at the same time.. no money) so that I can watch him and make sure he's okay. The only thing that REALLY sucks is that, I've been off from work for 2.5 weeks because of that lump under my arm, and then my clients got sick.. I don't have a paycheck comin and my mom was helping me with my bills. If Dobbyn has anything major going on - I don't know what I would do right now.

If I was to go and buy pet insurance like right now - and something major was to happen today.. would that save me and him?

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:39 am

Just off the top of my head, probably not, I'm sure they have a waiting period.
From here, we give our adopters an insurance policy and there's a 36hr. waiting period and anything pre-existing is not covered.
The insurance co. would think it mighty odd if the moment he was covered he "suddenly" got sick.

You could check into Care Credit and some of the others, I think there's a sticky.

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 am

Care credit won't accept me. I tried when Sadie had her surgery. Weird, right? Care credit accepts everyone - haha... not me.

He seems to be acting better. I'm going to monitor him and feed him little bits throughout the day. He seemed to feel much better after that weird poop this morning and he's been chewing on knuckle bones from Pet Supplies Plus nonstop yesterday.. so maybe that didn't agree with him. I dunno, we're going to give him a bit and see whats up.

I overreacted and was overthinking things since I got all of about 2.5 hours of sleep by the time I went ot bed and the time he woke me up.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:25 pm

oh, that is scary...hope he continues to be ok.
pet insurance does have a small waiting period, and doesn't cover pre-exisiting conditions - having said that I would get it now - for the next time - even just "accident" insurance is better than nil.

Timas Mom
Matured Bully

Postby Timas Mom » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Major diarrhea or vomitting=
FAST your dog for 24hours..that means NO FOOD whatsoever. Then gradually introduce boiled rice in 1/8 cup increments over the day for 1 cup total.
Day 3 slowly add more rice to each meal and re-introduce his regular food.
If he does not improve after this or vomits ect while through this phasing VET TIME.

Good luck

Return to “Health Issues”