Strange bump on her leg =( plz help

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
albert09
Newborn Bully

Strange bump on her leg =( plz help

Postby albert09 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:33 pm

so two days ago i was giving hennessey one of her daily rub downs before we went on our run, and i came across this lump that is on the outside of her back leg thigh. The lump feels like it might be apart of the muscle, it is deffinantly connected to the muscle, its about the size as a mosquito bite would be but there isnt a mark. Could it be from where the vet gave her the shot to put her to sleep when she was spayed? id like to give it a couple days to see if it will go away, could it be a bruise or should i take her to the vet tomorrow, i know it hasnt been there for more then two days, please help im really worried.

albert09
Newborn Bully

Postby albert09 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:06 am

anyone?

Marley44
Newborn Bully

Postby Marley44 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 am

it can def be from the injection they gave her, it could be a small localized reaction. We tell people where we give injections so they know what site might have a bump for a few days.
I would recommend calling the vet and asking where they gave the injection, they SHOULD have made a note.

I know marley just recently had small bumps all over and it was an allergy infection brewing, i got it under control with a diet change and some Benadryl. You can give it at 1mg/lb of body weight up to three times a day.

If it doesn't go away within a few days, and your vet tells you it's NOT where they gave the injection then have it checked. There is a lymph node on the back of their theigh that you can feel if you run your hand down the back of the muscle (as in: looking at the tail, you rub down the part of the muscle facing you more on the skin, but against the muscle) and if it is that, then that should be checked.

Hope this helped :)
Let me know what happens!

albert09
Newborn Bully

Postby albert09 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:15 am

well the bump is receeding so im thinking its from where they gave her the shot, but if it doesnt go away completely i will get it checked right away, thanks man, that bump had me worrying :peace:

Marley44
Newborn Bully

Postby Marley44 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 am

glad i could help :))

Return to “Health Issues”