Anal Gland Denial

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
BaltimoreBullie43
Newborn Bully

Postby BaltimoreBullie43 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:36 am

My dog is a perfect angel and I expect her donkey to smell like roses. The fact that it doesn't really gets to me. lol :)

fireincairo
Newborn Bully

Postby fireincairo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:28 am

:yucky:

Marley44
Newborn Bully

Postby Marley44 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Usually the infustion is with Animax for infections, not a normal treatment (at least not at our hospital)

Difference between a fart and anals? Brown Fluid. Anals leave some brownish fluid behind. (marley does is sometimes)

Cats and dogs can do this when they get stressed, and often as Ruff said, when they defecate. They also each have a different time frame, some need it once a month, some less, some more often. If they are scooting or they are starting to bother you, you can get them expressed.

They suck. They are normal. And they smell... gross. Just make sure the fluid doesn't ever get to be toothpaste (sorry) like.

AND AND AND, sometimes dogs scoot naturally after they poop- and it's not anals. So scooting if it's frequent. It's them trying to put pressure and get that fluid out.

:tongue:

avalon
Newborn Bully

Postby avalon » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:21 pm

SFBullyGirl wrote:
avalon wrote:At my vet, we actually can infuse the anal sacs with something. I can't think of the name of it at the moment, its on the tip of my tongue, lol. We do a series of injections over several weeks. Some dogs have chronic problems, and we have to do the series multiple times. It definitely seems to give relief to the problems though.

As far as expressing, I do my own every time mine get a bath so I can just hose it off the shower walls....fun!

when you can infuse my dogs ass with some Febreeze let me know and we will be right over lol

Lol, you can line up right behind me, lol!

Marley, I know it's not animax. I'm thinking depo-medrol, or something with a D. They've just recently started it in the past year. I think they start with several times a week, tapering off. Most of the dogs have no more issues. I think 1 or 2 have had to do more than one series. It's mostly small dogs(toy poodles/bichons are the ones I can remember off the top of my head). As far as I know its a last resort before removing the anal glands, because they avoid that at all costs.

Return to “Health Issues”