Any ideas? - Skin issue in friend's boxer

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
angus
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby angus » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:58 pm

I don't know guys but I'm hoping its not leishmaniasis:
http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec17/ch196/ch196j.html
Have your vets do a biopsy and check for the leishmaniasis protozoa.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm

If this is the same boxer whose owner posted on the boxer forum, (it sounded like the same one), it turned out to be a really bad reaction to a spider bite.
Jen

GreenEyedBully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby GreenEyedBully » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I will start another thread for Phil. How is the Boxer doing?

porchcricket13
Super Bully

Postby porchcricket13 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 am

dogs4jen wrote:If this is the same boxer whose owner posted on the boxer forum, (it sounded like the same one), it turned out to be a really bad reaction to a spider bite.
Jen

thats kinda what i thought it may be...how is he doing? any answers yet?

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:52 am

I'll alert the folks involved but I have'nt heard anything yet.

Sassy Girl
Super Bully

Postby Sassy Girl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Oh poor Phil...

Yes, Moorea is doing much better. Turned out to be a bad reaction to a spider bite....ugh! We were all so worried about the girl as her bet jumped on the C word way too fast to me. Especially if he had no idea, run the tests and get results then make a diganosis, sorry but I'm totally apalled at this vet's bedside manner....some rare form of cancer is what he was thinking...

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 pm

True, Urs. Way to freak out a client and not think outside the box.

Danielle and Ravi were asking after her on Sunday so I'll let them know.

So gald it was a spider bite though!!!

Sassy Girl
Super Bully

Postby Sassy Girl » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:44 pm

She's making her way back to her old silly and crazy self...she's going to be really raring to go in a few weeks in Vallejo! Watch out world, we've had a boxer down for two weeks now w/no flyball, wonder if she'll drop below 4 seconds this time!

GO REA!

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:22 pm

So glad to hear it wasn't something super serious.
Paws crossed for a speedy recovery.

picara
Bully Ambassador

Postby picara » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Wow, that WAS a bad reaction. Glad it was just a bite and that she's coming back to her old self!

GreenEyedBully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby GreenEyedBully » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:53 pm

So glad to hear the Cute Boxer girl is getting better! You say it took 2 weeks? Did she have outbreaks every evening or were her sores the same all the time? I think Phil is having a reaction to a bite from a wolf spider perhaps. I killed one in my bedroom the day after this all started. Tomorrow will make one week & I am really worried. He had a biopsy yesterday & tonight when I got home from work, he was all broken out & bleeding again. I hope it's OK...Mods, if not ...I apologize... Here's a link to my blog. http://briar-rabbit-prims.blogspot.com/ I have posted a lot of pics of Phil & what's going on with him. Would you mind taking a peek & telling me if this is what your friends Boxer looked like. Also...how did they determine it was a spider bite? My crew is really scratching their heads on this one. They are concerned because he will scab up & the hives will go down a little, then about time for his meds, he flares up again. :crybaby: Any help is appreciated! So relieved for the Boxers recovery! She's a cutie :headbang:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:05 am

Oh jeeze, poor Phil :sad:
I am keeping Phil in most positive thoughts and prayers, wish I could do more for your beautiful boy. but don't give up hope.
:Hug:

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Boxers are tumor factories... cancer would have been on my list too, but I'm not sure I would have been talking euthanasia... it all depends on how things go at the time of the vet to owner conversation. You can see the same dog with 5 different owners and you will have 5 different conversations. Sometimes we're good, sometimes we stick our feet in our mouths.. we're human too :D

I had to have the C-word (osteosarcoma) talk with a family yesterday, thank god we didn't find anything... it sucks to have to be the bearer of bad news but its even worse to let it get worse without treatment in the case of many not-so-obvious cancers...

Return to “Health Issues”