Exercises for certain muscle groups?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Exercises for certain muscle groups?

Postby moto1320 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:39 pm

Anybody have any suggestions on what they use for certain things. Daisy is responding quickly to our exercise plan and new diet, but is bulking up in certain areas and not others. From the springpole her neck muscles are now about as wide as her jaw line. And from all of the walking her hind legs are like tree trunks now. She needs some exercise for her back muscles mainly, and front end (just a little more) because the other parts are becoming almost disperpotionate (sp?). :huh?:
moto1320
Regulator

Postby jmann4 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:27 pm

I would work less on the areas that are developing and focus on the areas that aren't. Even if you have to cut the spring pole out (just an example) for a few weeks.
jmann4

Postby concreterose » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:58 pm

Show us some pictures of her new bod!
concreterose
Regulator

Postby moto1320 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:04 pm

I'm trying to catch some but my camera is slow and Diasy's attention span is short :)) Plus she's black. It's so weird, she'll stretch up at the fence in the sun and you can see lots of definition, veins popping out, and she looks ripped... (I wasted 1/2 a roll of film trying to catch her doing that :roll: ) and then in the house she just looks normal. Fawns and reds seem to show their builds off well.

On to the training, I've stopped for a few days (except for some walking)until I figure out what to do. I know I need to focus on other areas, I just don't know how. I mean, how do you work a dogs back? It's not like I can put her on a row bench and say go at it. :) I'm thinking that unless I get her a weight pull harness and can add some resistence in there, she'll continue on the same path. What do people do with things around the house or that I can build? I don't have room for a carpet mill.
moto1320
Regulator

Return to Health Issues