Pet insurance...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
ownedbyapitull
Newborn Bully

Pet insurance...

Postby ownedbyapitull » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:13 am

I'm looking into gettting pet insurance for Bella and I was wondering if anyone else has pet insurance and how the coverage is? ASPCA health insurance looks to be pretty good depending on which coverage package you get but I'm still not sure yet.

What's your opinion on pet insurance?

jocy
Newborn Bully

Postby jocy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:53 am

I was actually looking into the same... and from the neighbors, friends, and coworkers that had dogs... about 50% have pet insurance, and the other 50% doesn't.

I guess it's pretty much up to you, and how often you think your dog will get sick or intend to go to the hospital.

I've been told that VPI is widely accepted more than any other pet insurance, but is also pricey.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:02 pm

If you do a search, you'll find there are a number of threads on this topic.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:09 pm

As a vet, I like VPI. Its easy to use, easy to fill out the paperwork, easy to help you get your benefits... and places no restrictions on my ability to give your pet the best care possible.

As for costs and coverage, I can't comment on that, but anything that makes it easier for me to help you take care of your pet is highly recommended!

Santana84
Newborn Bully

Postby Santana84 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:29 pm

most of dogs' problems occur as they get older, but some of them don't have a treatment for. For example my fiance's 12 year old dog has gone deaf. I haven't considered investing in insurance since a lot of problems are of that sort, but I do take preventative measures by giving Bright Bites dental treats to prevent gingivitis, and feeding grain-free foods that won't cause allergies and rashes.

Return to “Health Issues”