To the folks who feed Wellness

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
maximusflys
Pit Bull Forum Addict

To the folks who feed Wellness

Postby maximusflys » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6K2BBd518

Even from some of the best :frown:

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Frankly, I think the guy that made that video is a wacko.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:37 pm

lol Somebody needs to find that man a hobby. He seems like he has waaay too much time on his hands. Either way I think it's a manufacturing problem that Wellness needs to address. However I do think this guy is over-exaggerating; like when he says, "little daggers in the kibble" and "I have to examine every piece of kibble before I feed it to my dog." I mean....why wouldn't he have switched to a different brand by then? :crazy:

Amie

Postby Amie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:39 pm

I had that thought too.

Well, I had that thought in the beginning, when he was talking about buying bag after bag and inspecting each kibble.

But then when he sliced his own finger, I just kept getting so grossed out that he squeezed it with his kibble-crumbed fingers to make it bleed, and was talking about how foul the kibble was with that open wound.
:\

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:59 pm

That's assuming that any of that is actually true, and the guy isn't just a man with a grudge. I was pretty skeptical from the getgo, though, since in the video information, he expresses horror at the idea of feeding a dog a whole egg with the shell! There is nothing wrong with feeding egg shell.

So, a wacko, and I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

And no, I'm not a Wellness feeder, though I did just win a big bag of Wellness Core in a raffle, and I intend to feed it to my dogs.

kaliya5
Super Bully

Postby kaliya5 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Ewwwww when he cut his own finger! That was unnecessary. Is the guy a weirdo? Yes probably, but it's a valid concern about the food nevertheless. But when he talked about inspecting every piece of kibble before feeding to his dog I thought "You still fed it to your dog?!"

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:18 pm

I feed wellness core to my cat and ferrets which has fish in it and ive never seen a bone.
Does anyone feed the fish formula who can verify this?

I take it with a grain of salt as well, easily made up if he wanted to, and who would continue feeding that if it were true?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:21 pm

a friend of mine fed wellness, and had to change as her dog started losing fur and got gunky ears, and put her different food and now she is better, and she had fed wellness for 3 years..

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:26 pm

starrlamia wrote:I feed wellness core to my cat and ferrets which has fish in it and ive never seen a bone.
Does anyone feed the fish formula who can verify this?

I take it with a grain of salt as well, easily made up if he wanted to, and who would continue feeding that if it were true?

I have to say, all of my dogs are still living, and they eat the fish formula, well three out of five do. And I have not experienced any problems. Looks like kibbles, crumbles like kibble, and no bloody fingers..lol.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 am

I fed Wellness to my cats for quite some time and liked it a lot... I was hoping to try Sheila (my boxer mix lab rat) on the Wellness core, but I can't find it locally... and to be honest I can't afford it anyway.

Now everyone is on Natural Balance... cheaper, simple, and it works for everyone!

Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Savage Destiny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:08 am

I am not by any means a Wellness fan- I've had some bad experiences with the company myself. However, I work at a small store that sells Wellness, and we have yet to get a single complaint about this issue in either the Super5 mix fish or the Core fish.

KJAX5252
Super Bully

Postby KJAX5252 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:49 am

We feed the fish mixture and it has really worked out well so far. Both dogs coats are soft and shiny.

I had switched from Timberwolf because I couldnt swallow their ridiculous price increases.

louie
Adolescent Bully

Postby louie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:02 am

I feed the Super5Mix White Fish mix and have never noticed any bones. I grabbed a handful just now and didn't see any pieces of bone when compared to the scoop of kibble he used had a ton of fish bones. This still makes me a little paranoid/weary though.

Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shoshana » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 pm

We rotate among the Super5 Mixes and have never seen anything like that in the fish mix.

Peanut is doing much better on the Wellness than on her previous food.

mind_Doc
Newborn Bully

Postby mind_Doc » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:56 am

KJAX5252 wrote:We feed the fish mixture and it has really worked out well so far. Both dogs coats are soft and shiny.

I had switched from Timberwolf because I couldnt swallow their ridiculous price increases.

X2

Same reason, same results.

Return to “Health Issues”