Switching from Raw to Kibble - What kibble do you feed?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
ams036
Adolescent Bully

Postby ams036 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:00 pm

SupriseInside wrote:
ams036 wrote:I feed Solid Gold Wolf King and my dogs love it. It is a grain free food my dogs are 14, 12 and 1 1/2 and they all have shiny coats and firm stools. I pay 55.00 with tax for a 33lb bag, feed a total of 4 cups a day and it lasts about a month and a half. It is not a very advertised or talked about brand but I have had excellent experience with it! :))

4 cups a day?!?! For 3 dogs?!?!
Where can I buy this food??
Cooper, alone, eats approx. 6 cups of feed a day.

What food are you feeding? The guideline on the back of the bag says more but when I was feeding them what it said they were gaining weight. I do have my shepherd (the 12 yr old dog) on 1 1/2 right now because of his weight so he can lose the weight he gained because of Purina One, and my pit bull she is pretty small and she gets 1 1/2 cups, any more than that she starts gaining weight. And my oldest dog is 25lbs and so he gets a cup mixed with some water and a little bit of chicken because it is hard for him to chew. It is about 360 calories a cup so that may be why. I know Petco sells it but I looked around and found that a small animal store nearby sold it for $10.00 cheaper.

sid the muss
Newborn Bully

Postby sid the muss » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 pm

my boys are also on taste of the wild high prairie formula. i think the nutritional breakdown is perfect for active dogs and having bison as the #1 ingredient is amazing. if fiber is a concern its easy to supplement. if price is an issue try westcoastpetsupply.com. 33 dollars for a 30lbs bag

Kristin
Adolescent Bully

Postby Kristin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:01 pm

I feed my two Fromm Adult Gold Formula. They are both doing great on it.

http://www.frommfamily.com/products-g-d-adult.php

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:13 pm

I think i finally picked the kibble to switch the dogs from Raw to... Its called NOW! ADULT DOG -Turkey with Duck

Here are the ingredients:

INGREDIENTS

De-boned turkey, potato flour, pea, apple, whole dried egg, pea fibre, tomato, potato, flaxseed, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E) , natural flavors, salmon, de-boned duck, sun dried alfalfa, coconut oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), carrots, pumpkin, bananas, blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, papaya, pineapple, grapefruit, lentil beans, broccoli, spinach, cottage cheese, alfalfa sprouts, dried kelp, flaxseed, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, lecithin, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, vitamins: ( vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vit. C), niacin, inositol, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, beta-carotene, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement) , minerals: (zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, iron proteinate, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), taurine, DL-methionine, L-Lysine, chicory root extract, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus casei, enterococcus faecium, bifido bacterium thermophilum, dried aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, yeast extract, yucca schidigera extract, marigold extract, garlic powder, L-carnitine, dried rosemary.

http://www.petcurean.com/index.php?page_id=160

What do you guys think? Does it sound like a good kibble?

Return to “Health Issues”