How much sleep?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

How much sleep?

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm

I am beginning to think something is wrong with my pack! I am thinking they all sleep too much!

They all are mellow and ready to sleep around 7:30 n- 8 each evening. They get up around 5:30 each morning and we leave around 6:30 - 7. So they go to their places etc. They sleep most all day long. They are active between 4 to dinner time and a little after that.

Is that normal? Maybe its because it is winter??

what do you dogs do?

NewOrleansSaint
Bully Ambassador

Postby NewOrleansSaint » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 pm

That's about how Saint's been sleeping these days too. I don't think anything is wrong with that pattern. He gets TONS of exercise and playtime while he is awake and he just tuckers out about the same time as your pups.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 pm

rufus sleeps around 20 hours a day.no kidding.. he is like a cat..always been that way.
jesse used to be hyper, now by 7pm she is out on the couch snoozing..

ruby, well she sleeps all day, and then passes out again around 9:30 pm ....

your crew sounds pretty normal to me..

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Dolly is in her crate from 8-12 then from 1-4:30-5ish and all she does in their is eat in the morning and then sleep... and on top of that, when she goes in, shes only been awake from the previous nights sleep for about an hour, maybe not even... But, when she gets out at 5ish then she tears around the house and when she goes outside my god... get out of her way because shes like a hurricane. She burns her energy, but shes becomming more and more lazy, which in my books... is a GOOD thing.

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:16 pm

My dog's schedule is pretty much the same: up at 6am, brisk 30min walk, breakfast, sleep until 3-4pm, an hour+ walk/run, dinner, a bone, kong, and/or short walk around the block and sleep again by 9-10pm. It think she sleeps 3x more than I do lol

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks everyone for replying. Brings me peace of mind...

jocy
Newborn Bully

Postby jocy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:23 am

Maryellen wrote:rufus sleeps around 20 hours a day.no kidding.. he is like a cat..always been that way.
jesse used to be hyper, now by 7pm she is out on the couch snoozing..

ruby, well she sleeps all day, and then passes out again around 9:30 pm ....

your crew sounds pretty normal to me..

Same here. My dog sleeps about 18 hours a day.... now if only I can do that, I'd be in heaven! roflmao

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:47 am

When I hit the couch for dinner, my pups might go wrestle for a bit, but they tend to match my mood. Even if they've been crated all day, If I'm chilling, they usually will too. All three of us didn't move for 2 hours last night watching the Bachelor. I love that my pups are finally slowing down, they both just turned 3.

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:53 am

I get up at 5 am; I haul Veronica's donkey out of bed for 7 am when I leave for work. She goes to Grammy daycare and she sleeps in her crate there for another hour or so.

Then she actually is awake with the exception of a few naps until my husband gets home between 3 and 4. Generally she doesn't do alot; but she's awake...following Grammy around, trying to get treats, she likes to sit on the enclosed deck and watch for squirrels...and if the weather is nice Grammy will take her outside for an hour or so.

When DH comes home she naps while he does paperwork. I get home between 6 - 7pm and we have dinner together, play for an hour or so after dinner or do some training. Retire to the couch and we're both in bed by 10pm.

Usually I have Fridays off; so she's awake from the time we get up until dinner time...then she's out like a light!

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:12 pm

jocy wrote:
Same here. My dog sleeps about 18 hours a day.... now if only I can do that, I'd be in heaven! roflmao

take some robacacet. i take 2 sometimes about 8pm and im out by 9 to get up well rested 7am the next morning but thats only cause the damn alarm goes off. STUPID INVENTION :)
its not 18hrs but boy oh boy do i feel good the next day.

i work outside in all sorts of weather so a good nights sleep is needed!

Titan sleeps from 12-8, up to pee and eat, then depending on if my wife works in the am or not lets say yes, he is back sleeping till noon then up for an hr with me for lunch then sleep again from 1-5 then up in my face till 9 then another 30min nap or something then wants to go again :)

he seems to sleep more in the non winter times cause i can actually take him on a good walk, now. jeez. we havent seen the sidewalks for months.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:20 pm

All of our dogs are lazy and usually they just sleep all day except around lunch time and that is when it is playtime. Our dogs also wake up really early(6:00-7:00AM) but, then after an hour outside playing they are tired again and go back to sleep.

Return to “Health Issues”