Supplements for Kidney issues

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Supplements for Kidney issues

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:16 am

the holistic vet called me , the blood results from Rubys visit on 1/05/09 are in, and her BUN and creatine are high.. he wants to put her on kidney supplements. her BUN/creatinine came back at 33 (HIGH) and her Urea Nitrogen came back at 46 (HIGH)

her thyroid test was sent to Michigan State and came back Normal.

the kidney supplements are:

Renafood pills 2x a day
renatrophin pills 2x a day

renapath 10 drops a day
kidney tone 10 drops a day

input anyone? i have to research these drugs to make sure there are no grains or chicken in them, as ruby is allergic to those so far, and i dont want her to have an allergic reaction . the holistic vet said he would make up something else if she cant have these

pitgrrl

Re: Supplements for Kidney issues

Postby pitgrrl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:35 am

Maryellen wrote:Renafood pills 2x a day

This is a Standard Process product, which is a company with a really good reputation from everything I've heard. It uses bovine kidney, so it shouldn't pose a problem.

Maryellen wrote:renapath 10 drops a day
kidney tone 10 drops a day

From what I can find neither of these contain chicken, but rather are homeopathic preparations of herbs. Regardless though, since they are homeopathic, I'd be really, really, surprised if she reacted to anything in them outside of perhaps an aggravation of symptoms either temporarily as part of the healing process or because it's just not working for her.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:37 am

do you have a website for the renapath and the kidney tone? i cant find anything on their ingredients..

pitgrrl

Postby pitgrrl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:52 am

I can't find the sites I originally looked at, but this ingredient list does included organs from unspecified animal(s). My guess is that they use cow, as that seems to be the normal, but again, it's a homeopathic preparation.....

Renapath
Berberis Vulgaris (Barberry) 3X – Renal and urinary tract disorders, gout, rheumatism, disorders of the liver and gall bladder, dry skin disorders, fistulas.

Petroselinum Sativum (Parsley) 3X – Inflammations of the urinary tract, irritable urinary bladder.

Endocrine Glands 3X – A blend of endocrine sarcodes to support healthy endocrine glands.

Solidago Virgaurea (Goldenrod) 3X – Renal insufficiency, hepatic disorders.

Hydrangea Arborescens (Hydrangea) 3X – Homeopathic remedy for gravel, profuse deposit of white amorphous salts in urine; calculus, renal colic, bloody urine; acts on ureter; pain in lumbar region; dizziness; oppression of chest.

Uva Ursi (Bearberry) 3X – Inflammations of the urinary tract collection system.

Kidney 3X, 6X – Kidney sarcodes to support healthy kidney tissue.

Rubia Tinctorum (Madder) 6X – Used to cleanse and detoxify the kidneys, gall bladder and lymphatic system; provides antioxidant support; promotes bile flow; binds calcium in the urinary tract; assists with preventing kidney stone formation and reducing the size of existing kidney stones.

Eupatorium Purpureum (Gravel root) 12X – Cystitis, intermittent episodes of fever.

Bryonia Alba (White bryony) 12X – Acute inflammation of the respiratory organs, pleura, peritoneum, and liver; acute and chronic rheumatism.

Mercurius Corrosivus (Corrosive sublimate) 12X – Highly acute inflammations of the mucosae of the eyes, the oral cavity, the tonsils, the large intestine, the rectum, the kidneys, the urinary tract collection system, and the vagina.

Bladder 10X – Bladder sarcodes to support healthy bladder tissue.

Is this the same Kidney Tone? The dosing seems off....

This version makes more sense given the dosing recommendation....

Ingredients include: Agrimonia eupatoria (Agrimony) 3X; Cantharis (Spanish Fly) 12X; Echinacea angustifolia (Coneflower) 1X; Glutathione 5X; Kidney 4X, 6X, 12X, 30X, 200X; Lycopodium clavatum (Club Moss) 12X; Pareira brava (Virgin Vine) 3X; Petroselinum crispum (Parsley) 1X; Renal Calculi 12X, 30X; Rubia tinctorium (Madder) 12X; Solidago virgaurea (Goldenrod) 1X; Uva ursi (Bearberry) 1X; Glycerin 15%; Ethanol 15%; Purified Water 70%.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 am

i dont know about the kidney tone, as i cant find anything conclusive on it..

i do have at home Kidney Strengthener from Only Natural and their ingredients are:

Ingredients: Crabapple, Eucalyptus, Dog Rose, Mimulus, and other natural flowers.

i am waiting for the holistic vet to call me with a website for the other 2 things so i can research them. ruby is fine with pork and turkey, we havent done beef yet for her food trial so i want to make sure she isnt allergic to beef if any of these have beef products in them. i will start her beef trial tonight to see if she does ok with it, as the vet said if she is allergic to beef he will have to make up a different potion for her..

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:02 am

the holistic vet is getting the last 2 remedies from www.goenergetix.com but i cant access it as i am not a health care practicioner.

pitgrrl

Postby pitgrrl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:06 am

Then it's the two I posted the ingredient lists from, as those are Energetix products.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:21 am

wow that is high...Hope the meds can help bring it down

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 am

her readings have always been high since i got her..
ok, thanks pitgrrl. now i know what the ingredients are for the last 2.

ok, now is there any other place i can get all the supplements? or do i have to order from this holistic vet?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 am

what is the posphorus and urine specific gravity numbers?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 am

phosphorus 5.0

urine specific gravity 1.019

both these results are showing normal

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:12 pm

ME, I hope things improve for Ruby Roo. :hug:

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:18 pm

thanks deniselynn, but they wont unless her kidneys make a miraclous recovery and actually fully develop :sad: i keep hoping they will though.. i figure if i hope enough they will actually fully develop and not get worse

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:01 pm

ME he ran a full blood panel and those (you psoted)were the only two that came back high right
her liver and blood pressure are alright?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:03 pm

yep sharon, everything else came back perfect- right in the margins they were all supposed to... much better then last time we had blood work done too... this time it was a great reading except the bun and creatinine...

Return to “Health Issues”