Today your bully ate?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:47 pm

RuffMuttK9z wrote:Evening: Sticks and dirt, perhaps a piece of dog crap.

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:30 pm

am: 1/3 C California natural lamb & rice
cooked chicken

afternoon with Grammy: What she told me, "warm chicken, warm carrots" (she was making chicken soup); "good biscuits" - the Mother Hubard sandwich cookies.

pm: 2/3 C California natural

training treats: a few Charlie bear biscuits and zuke's minis.

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Deniselynn wrote:
RuffMuttK9z wrote:Evening: Sticks and dirt, perhaps a piece of dog crap.

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

roflmao x2

Morning: Can of Merrick Thanksgiving Day Dinner
Evening: Can of Merrick Smothered Comfort
snacks: Bully stick, some trader joe brand treats.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Morning:
about half a pound each of Bravo pre-made raw beef, fish oil capsule, detox powder
Couple dog biscuits and a little whole wheat bread to keep something in Xanny's stomach, raw digests fast, and she gets an pukey on an empty stomach.

Dinner:
about half a pound of Bravo raw beef, 2/3 raw egg Xanny, 1/3 Soleil, fish oil (2 Xanny, 1 Soleil), digestive enzymes for Soleil, detox both

Training treats (Soleil had agility class tonight) Bil-Jac liver, mother Hubbard biscuits, carrots, whatever yummy goody the trainer had. Xanny, Bil-Jac and carrots for missing out.

There will be a bedtime treat, bread/biscuit, for Xanny's stomach.

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Whoops, forgot to say my dog isn't a bully, but he eats too. :))

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Morning
Neeko 1 cup Blue Buffalo puppy food and 1 cup oatmeal -PLUS someones poop from the yard :yucky:
Jake Zoe Maddie 1/2 cup oatmeal with joint formula

Evening - Supplements - too many too list
S'neeko 1 cup BB puppy food
Jake 1 cup evo and 1/2 can wet food
Zoe 1 1/2 cups of Innova low fat
Maddie - a 1/2 cups of Natures Logic

And they all got a piece of doggie Birthday Pizza tonight with their dinner!

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:54 pm

akaspaddero wrote:
Maddie - a 1/2 cups of Natures Logic

that should read 1 1/2 cups of Natures logic

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Today:
AM: Wellness Core
agility training: a few Real Meat treats (mostly, I rewarded with toys)
afternoon snack: bison bones! (more recreation than food, but they did suck the marrow out and eat the few scraps of meat.)
PM: Wellness Core, with more of the Deli Fresh. They love that Deli Fresh. Their little hearts will be broken when it's gone, and I don't buy more. Plus, a dash of fish oil.

True_Pits
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby True_Pits » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:12 am

AM Beef brisket & liver PM Ground Beef or Evo
Mid Day & PM Precise Canine Foundation
AM & PM Fromm Whitefish and Potato

mcrslipknota7x wrote:And, even though Darcy is a pot belly pig, lol, I will put her schedule too. (Keep in mind when you read her feeding schedule that she is pregnant)

AM: 2 cups of Mini pig food, vitamin and a carrot.
Then, during the day she gets some leafy greens and a treat or two.
PM: 2 cups of Mini pig food

How big is she (when not pregnant I mean)? Does she get along with the dogs and everything? My Aunt has one and she thinks she is a dog I believe, very big pig. She eats with the dogs outside and follows them around unless laying around (which is what she usually does). She grunts at them and stuff too.

pitgrrl wrote:AM-Ground whole chicken w/bone (love it when I can see weird mystery
organs that made it through the grinder whole :yucky: )

Ew I can only imagine. That is amazing though that they get through. I prefer to let the dogs handle it and that is gross enough.

HersheyBear wrote:Whoops, forgot to say my dog isn't a bully, but he eats too. :))

Oh yes of course. I should have just said dog and not only bully breed.

akaspaddero wrote:And they all got a piece of doggie Birthday Pizza tonight with their dinner!

That is really neat. Bet they loved it.

The Dukes dad
Newborn Bully

Postby The Dukes dad » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:29 am

Part of my $500 carbon fiber motorcycle helmet. :po:

Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bustersmama » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 am

PM - 1-2 cups of dry dog food. I feel like a bad dog mom. roflmao

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 am

True_Pits wrote:
mcrslipknota7x wrote:And, even though Darcy is a pot belly pig, lol, I will put her schedule too. (Keep in mind when you read her feeding schedule that she is pregnant)

How big is she (when not pregnant I mean)? Does she get along with the dogs and everything? My Aunt has one and she thinks she is a dog I believe, very big pig. She eats with the dogs outside and follows them around unless laying around (which is what she usually does). She grunts at them and stuff too.

We have only had Darcy for about 4 days and she lived with a lady and her husband who have 5 other pigs(that are spoiled), and 3 dogs. They gave her to my Mom because the other pigs were bullying her and they were afraid that they would hurt her babies. Darcy is only 6 months old and she accidently got pregnant by their male pot belly pig. So, She is not through growing yet but right now, she weighs 67 lbs. I would say her non-pregnant weight is probably about 50 lbs.

She gets along with most of the dogs. Tank(Newfoundland mix) and River(Dachshund) want to kill her so, they are not allowed around her. Also, Mya(American Bully), Chops(pug) and Buddy(dachshund) are all fine with her inside and she can walk all around our house and they will ignore her but, when it is time for her to go outside and she starts screaming when you go behind her to tell her "lets go outside", they all three go crazy and want to attack her. Then, Lucy, Buddy, Gracie and Charlotte(all dachshunds) just ignore her. So, for the most part, they all get along better than we thought they would. But, we never leave them alone together.

True_Pits
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby True_Pits » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:08 am

Sorry to hear that bustersmama! They eat some terribly expensive stuff sometimes.

AM Pork & a little beef PM Ground Beef or Evo

Mid Day Precise Foundation

AM & PM Fromm Whitefish&Potato and (wet) Merrick Mediterranean Banquet

mcrslipknota7x wrote:
True_Pits wrote:

We have only had Darcy for about 4 days and she lived with a lady and her husband who have 5 other pigs(that are spoiled), and 3 dogs. They gave her to my Mom because the other pigs were bullying her and they were afraid that they would hurt her babies. Darcy is only 6 months old and she accidently got pregnant by their male pot belly pig. So, She is not through growing yet but right now, she weighs 67 lbs. I would say her non-pregnant weight is probably about 50 lbs.

She gets along with most of the dogs. Tank(Newfoundland mix) and River(Dachshund) want to kill her so, they are not allowed around her. Also, Mya(American Bully), Chops(pug) and Buddy(dachshund) are all fine with her inside and she can walk all around our house and they will ignore her but, when it is time for her to go outside and she starts screaming when you go behind her to tell her "lets go outside", they all three go crazy and want to attack her. Then, Lucy, Buddy, Gracie and Charlotte(all dachshunds) just ignore her. So, for the most part, they all get along better than we thought they would. But, we never leave them alone together.

Oh I see. Glad your Mom would take her. I bet she is a cute. I could imagine the screaming make them go off a little bit....lol

hugh_dog
Newborn Bully

Postby hugh_dog » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 am

mcrslipknota7x wrote:

As someone who shared my home with a pot bellied pig for thirteen years, I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Darcy, as an adult, should reach at least 150 lbs. If not, she is being underfed. If the couple that previously owned her have adults that are smaller than this, they are being underfed. I know you said that they are spoiled, but I don't see that as the case if this couple is letting them run around unaltered. As bad as the overpopulation problem is with dogs, it is worse with these wonderful creatures since they require a very special kind of owner who is willing to learn about them and accomodate their needs. I really hope the couple that had Darcy previously are not breeding their pigs, ever, for money. Pot-bellied pigs(pigs in general) are the land equivalent of dolphins in their mental capacity, and for one of them to wind up in a bad home is as bad, if not worse, than for a dog to wind up there. Unfortunately, too many people get them because they are very cute as piglets, not because they are intelligent, gentle creatures as adults, even if a bit large.

These guys will try to establish a pecking order as they feel more comfortable, so be careful when she is around the dogs. I'm sure that, being a pit bull lover, you are already very careful anyway. Just keep in mind that they do have very good memories and will try to even up a score when the cards are in their favor, even if that is a couple of days later.

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread... I adore these creatures and the description of their intact male running around, accidentally knocking up the females made me cringe, especially since it implied that they may be being bred to make a little cash. Have you made plans for finding good homes for the piglets? There are many PBP rescue groups and sanctuaries that can help you make sure they are placed properly.

If you have any questions about Darcy's behavior or want to hear some anecdotal evidence as to their intelligence, shoot me a PM. I'll be glad to help.

Oh, yeah...pigs like it when you go outside with them. Pickle would pitch a fit if I tried to "put him outside." He fully expected that, if he had to go out, I should go out. And thanks for taking this girl in and giving her a home :thumbsup:

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 am

From yesterday:
AM: 1 cup Rachel Ray Nutrish (cause we're running low on money)
PM: 1 cup of the same
Late evening: The poop from 1 baby diaper, but NOT the diaper, yay!

Return to “Health Issues”