jesse is going for surgery...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:44 pm

jesse is hovering between 95-100 lbs, so she needs the larger dose.. i will check that link out thank you!

patty

Postby patty » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 pm

Definitely check out 1800petmeds.com

I have purchased Rimadyl from them before, cheaper than the vet

SFBullyGirl
Addicted to PBF

Postby SFBullyGirl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 pm

maryellen have you checked KV Vet, they have the Keto for 36.95 for 200mg x 100

and rimadyl as well depending onthe dosage you need prices vary, they do not seem to have the cyclo

not sure how these prices stack up

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:55 am

i only need the cyclosporine and ketaconzole , i will check out 1800pet meds.. my vet said he has no problem giving me written prescriptions so i can get the meds cheaper at other places since she will be on them for life..

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:00 am

lovely just lovely, ketaconazole and cyclosporine can cause drug/drug interactions. and she has to be on both.. uggh. back to the vet to discuss this with him on what to do ..

What other drugs will affect Atopica: There are many drug/drug interactions that occur when taking Atopica. Tell your veterinarian what medications your pet is currently using and any new products, including herbal remedies you may start to give. Drug/drug interactions could cause a decrease in effectiveness or an increase in side effects of either Atopica or the other medication being given. Examples of medications that may cause drug/drug interactions are; SMZ-TMP (Bactrim, Septra), gentamicin, etodolac (EtoGesic), piroxicam (Feldene), ketoconazole (Nizoral), cimetidine (Tagamet), ranitidine (Zantac), itraconoazole (Sporanox), methylprednisolone (Medrol), erythromycin, Allopurinol (Zyloprim), metoclopramide (Reglan), prednisOLOne, digoxin (Lanoxin), any type of vaccination.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 am

ME, are the meds for her allergies?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 pm

yes, she has to be on them or her allergies will keep flaring up, and eventually her right ear will need surgery too.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Her right ear will need surgery too? :(

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Maryellen wrote:lovely just lovely, ketaconazole and cyclosporine can cause drug/drug interactions. and she has to be on both.. uggh. back to the vet to discuss this with him on what to do ..

What other drugs will affect Atopica: There are many drug/drug interactions that occur when taking Atopica. Tell your veterinarian what medications your pet is currently using and any new products, including herbal remedies you may start to give. Drug/drug interactions could cause a decrease in effectiveness or an increase in side effects of either Atopica or the other medication being given. Examples of medications that may cause drug/drug interactions are; SMZ-TMP (Bactrim, Septra), gentamicin, etodolac (EtoGesic), piroxicam (Feldene), ketoconazole (Nizoral), cimetidine (Tagamet), ranitidine (Zantac), itraconoazole (Sporanox), methylprednisolone (Medrol), erythromycin, Allopurinol (Zyloprim), metoclopramide (Reglan), prednisOLOne, digoxin (Lanoxin), any type of vaccination.

Yikes. Let me know what the doc says, but I am not going to freak out yet, do you think both of our vets would have prescribed both drugs for both dogs if it was that bad, I sure hope not? Plus maybe they just have to put that to save their butt if it happened again. Where did you find that info?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:29 pm

yep eventually her right ear needs the surgery too. its not as scarred as the left but it will need to have something done eventually.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 pm

and i dont think the vet will prescribe 2 drugs that would harm them

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:38 pm

I FOUND THE info on the site when i looked up the drug, if you go to the drug itself it says the pros/cons/side effects etc.. i called my vet he ssaid that all drugs have to label the side effects and that they could possibly interact with other drugs...he said its ok that they are both being given together

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm

ME, that's good news! One less thing to worry about right now.

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 pm

I thought the chances of both our vets giving both meds at the same time, that they probably wouldn't hurt them, but its nice to be sure. Thoughts and prayers that your next visit go well :hug:

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:48 pm

well jesse is now enrolled in Walgreens drug program... my vet said he will give me a year prescription every year with 3-4 refills per year so i only have to go the hour away a few times a year.. he was very interested in their program and plans on looking into it as well..

we get our ID cards in a few weeks, but i printed out her temporary ID card to use for now..

Return to “Health Issues”