rollerskates

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
jake91
Newborn Bully

rollerskates

Postby jake91 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:43 pm

I am always watching the dog whisperer with ceasar millan and he sometimes breaks out his landroller rollerskates and rolerskates with his dogs. I was wondering if anyone has landrollers or if anyone rollerskates with their pit bull. Also if this is a good exercise for a dog because i walk my pit bull for 5 miles a day and it doesn't do anything so i thought this would make her go at a faster pace but i'm not sure if this is a good substitute for a walk. any info would be awsome.

pitbullcrazy30
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitbullcrazy30 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm

it depends on who you ask, but i think it would be a good way to tire a dog out as long as his paws dont get sore or raw from the hard surface its running on, here i can have my dog run along side me while im on the pavement and he is on the grass on the side of the road. Its also a good way to bust your arse if the dog decides to go after something or a diffrent direction that you are!! :)

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:40 pm

i rollerblade with my labs

Maddie gets way too excited and I end up getting hurt. So no rollerblading for her..Plus, we have tons of off leash dogs in our neighborhood. I am just asking for trouble when I try and take her

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:51 am

I find it A LOT easier to balance on a bike than roller blades... we tie the leash to our belts and bike with the dogs. It tires them out great and we can go a lot of places roller blades couldn't (like dirt trails). Walks do nothing for our dogs either, but 5 miles at a dead run (we started out with 1 mile and worked up) means they come home dead tired and sleep for a few hours.

jocy
Newborn Bully

Postby jocy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14 am

My dog pulls my bf on a skateboard for about 15 blocks or so at least 3 times a week. That's only about a mile or so... but she's pulling my bf, so by the time we get home, she is happy & tired (that she sleeps through the whole night).

Return to “Health Issues”